thirty four

A/N

A/N... look at this cute Ominis photo 🤧🤧🤧 and thank y'all so much for 20k omg 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

*mature themes and not for smut 😅 trigger warning for mentions of rape and physical abuse bcjsnsn

(also, was thinking abt writing bonus chapters with like Lee and Seb, Ry, and other side characters, would y'all be interested in that???)

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

"What did you see down there?" Ominis asked Isla quietly, his fingers tracing across her back – his hand down her collar so he could trace her bare skin.

Isla hummed softly, her head resting on her boyfriends chest as she laid in bed with him – the two in the Room of Requirements, neither able to sleep that night.

They ended up stumbling across each other in the common room, like they always used to, and Isla suggested they go to the RoR and see if it'd be easier to fall asleep together.

So they did, Isla wore Ominis's shirt with shorts on, and the blond shirtless with some simple pyjama pants – more than comfortable in the others embrace.

"Like in the maze?" The girl clarified, looking up at him.

Ominis nodded slightly. "We all experienced our deepest fears," He hummed softly, lifting his other hand to trail up her arm and run through her hair. "What was yours? Were you okay?"

Isla laid her head back down on his chest, hugging him close as she traced patterns on his bicep, silent.

"I lost my wand," Ominis told her, figuring that she might feel more comfortable opening up if he also shared. "I was more blind than I am now," He chuckled. "Vulnerable, lost, didn't help that I didn't have you and I was in a damn maze."

Isla laughed softly, kissing his sternum. "The maze alone scared me shitless," She chuckled, letting her eyes close – memories flashing back to her.

"I saw you," She muttered softly, focusing hard on the sound of his heartbeat.

The boy stayed quiet – letting her take the time to think, being as patient as ever.

He always has been.

"I... was chained up, to a stone wall – by my ankles and neck and feet," She whispered softly. "And so were you."

The girl closed her eyes tighter, trying to even out her breath.

"Someone was there, I don't know who, I couldn't recognize them or see them – because they were facing you the whole time," She told him slowly. "And they were a wizard, and..."

"It's okay," Ominis whispered softly, pressing a kiss to her head. "You don't need to tell me everything now. I can wait until you're ready."

Isla shook her head slightly, letting out a breath. "No, no. I want you to know. Maybe it'll help," she chuckled.