twenty seven*

A/N... 🌶️🌶️🌶️👀👀

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

"I don't... trust this, Isla," Ominis told her hesitantly – taking off his rings in his room as Isla took off her jewelry as well.

"It's a chance to get him out, love," She whispered gently to him. "I can't just let him suffer there any longer. He doesn't deserve it."

Ominis sighed softly, putting his hands on his dresser and leaning against it, thinking.

"Leia wants something from you," He told her. "She didn't say exactly what she needed you for, there must be some reason why. What if you get hurt, Isla? What if I can't protect you? I can't..."

"It's my choice, Ominis," she whispered.

"And you're my girlfriend and they're my family. You needn't get involved with it," He told her firmly, turning around and keeping his gaze casted downwards.

Isla sighed in slight annoyance, observing her boyfriend.

She knew there was more to this than he was saying, more than what he'd tell her.

So she strode towards the boy, gently cupping his chin and tilting his head up so she met his gaze.

"Isla," He protested softly, trying to pull away from her – but she held his face in place.

She observed him – his eyes.

Ominis shrunk under her gaze, feeling how intently she observed him.

"We protect each other, Ominis," she whispered to him, tracing her thumbs across his cheekbones. "We always have. This won't be any different. It'll work out, Ry will be safe and I'll help Leia with whatever she needs and I'll cut ties with her."

"She won't just let you—"

The girl interrupted Ominis's words with a gentle kiss, causing the boy to let out a soft, content sigh as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"We'll be okay." She told him firmly, tilting his head down and gently kissing his nose.

He wanted to protest – to tell her that there was more to Leia than she thought, that she was manipulative and cunning and ambitious – but the feeling of Isla's fingertips caressing his skin left him weak in the knees and... completely under her control.

So she took advantage of that and pulled him from his drowning thoughts.

"You look handsome," She whispered to him gently, one of her hands sliding down his arm – feeling the soft fabric of his blazer. "Have I told you that?"

A soft chuckle escaped the boys throat. "Numerous times tonight," He responded, shuddering ever so slightly at her touch.

Saying Ominis was handsome was the understatement of the century.

He wore a dark green patterned blazer, a white button down and black pants – he previously wore a couple of rings, one of which was a snake that wrapped around his middle finger, its eyes were small, red jewels – likely a family heirloom.