seventeen

A/N... enjoy the fluffs :)

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

"Theres something I've been working on for a while that I wanted to show you," Isla mentioned to Ominis.

Her head laid on his bare chest, still tracing her fingers across his skin – they stayed in the RoR together all night, never leaving each others side.

They felt that if they did, they'd wake up and it'd all be a dream – and they both wanted to stay as long as possible.

They were happy, content, comfortable, safe in each others arms – what else could they want?

"What is that?" He asked the girl, lifting his hand to run his fingers through her hair gently.

Isla bit at her lip, hugging the boy closer, opting to ask a question before she answered Ominis. "Have you... ever been frustrated because not everything is in braille for you?" She asked, gently kissing his sternum.

Ominis sighed softly.

"Yeah," he admitted. "I need people to read things out loud to me, I sit beside all my teachers in class so they can read instructions and ingredients to me. Truthfully, I love reading," he chuckled lightly. "More than anything – but I never get to because it's so rare that people willingly read to me. I love stories more than anything."

Isla smiled softly as she listened to the boy, a wave of slight excitement washing over the girl.

"If there was a way you could turn any text into braille and read it, would you?" She asked him.

Ominis raised a hesitant eyebrow, but nodded slowly. "Of course. But no one would ever take that time to translate it all into braille." He chuckled.

"What if they didn't have to?" She asked him.

Isla sat up and leaned over him, flushing slightly when the blanket fell off her body – realizing she hadn't put on any clothes yet.

"What are you saying Isla?" He asked her, running his fingers through her hair gently, pushing it out of her face.

"I talked to Professor Fig and I did something with his help," She explained, before getting up and kissing his cheek quickly.

Ominis laughed when he felt her grab one of the blankets, pulling her back by it to press their lips together in a kiss. "Leaving me so soon?" He teased lightly.

"I'm coming right back!" She laughed, pulling away slightly just to admire him with an adoring smile – hypnotized by the boy.

Ominis chuckled and kissed her one last time before letting go of her. "Go on, then," He mused, intrigued by her lack of explanation.

She laughed and wrapped the blanket around herself again, crawling out of bed and going over to the library she had in the RoR – skimming through until she found a book she figured Ominis would like.

"Admittedly I... wanted to wait for your birthday," she chuckled, walking back over to the blond boy and grabbing her wand. "But it's too far away and it's been rough so I was hoping this could help you out a little."

Ominis chuckled lightly, sitting up confusedly. "Isla, what—"

The girl laughed and put her finger over his lips, hushing him – to which the boy chuckled, staying silent.

She flipped to the first page of the book, pointing her wand at it before going 'altiorem sensum!' and grinning as she watched the book.

She handed it back to Ominis, who looked more confused than ever – so she chuckled lightly and handed the book to him, placing his hand against the pages.

Braille.

The book was now in braille.

"This was in braille before," He whispered softly, not believing her – but also knowing Isla wouldn't ever pull this joke on him.

She laughed softly and grabbed another book, handing it to him and placing his hand on the pages.

"Can you read it?" She asked.

Ominis shook his head, so she pointed her wand at the book and went 'altiorem sensum!'

Ominis felt the braille appear under his fingers when she casted the spell, and although he was slightly ashamed to admit it... it brought tears to his eyes.

"Isla, I..." He whispered softly, "She walked through the forest, darkness enveloping her as if greeting her like an old friend." Ominis read from the book.

Isla grinned widely. "Works on anything – textbooks, books, signs, I'll teach you how to cast it and you can spend all day reading next to me."

Ominis tossed the book on the bed and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling the girl close into a gentle hug as he buried his nose in her neck.

"I love you," He whispered softly, leaving soft kisses across her neck.

Isla laughed, running her fingers through his hair. "I love you too, Ominis." She whispered. "You don't talk much about how annoying it can be, you tend to suffer in silence," she chuckled. "But I noticed – I always do."

Ominis lifted his head to kiss the sweet girl in front of him – his girl.

"Can you teach it to me?" He whispered softly.

Isla laughed and nodded, gently playing with the ends of his hair. "Absolutely, love." She smiled.

And so she did – it didn't take long, Ominis was a quick learner.

The moment he translated one of the books into braille, he nearly cried again.

He couldn't believe Isla did this – let alone for him.

Because she saw him – his struggles and pains, and she helped him.

She always has.

He couldn't be more thankful for the girl – and Isla couldn't be more in love with him.

They spent the day in bed, just in their fresh pyjamas while Ominis laid against the girl, reading the day away.

Thankfully they had the day off, it being Saturday – so he really did read the day away.

In total, Ominis read two and a half books. When he finished the books, he'd tell Isla all about them.

About how he felt about it, the wording, the plot, the characters, everything.

Isla stayed by him the whole time, his head against her chest as she played with his hair, working on any homework simultaneously and figuring out how she'd go about helping certain people.

But honestly, some of her time was spent just watching Ominis with an adoring smile.

Watching the excitement he radiated as he read the books, watch his facial expressions, honestly sometimes watch his fingers trace across the pages.

She noted some of his little 'tells' so to say – whenever he was confused, his hand would stop tracing over the pages and he'd tap his fingers against the back of the book.

When he was happy, he'd bite his lip to hold back his smile and he'd read faster – excited, almost.

Whenever she did something he liked, such as tracing her fingers across his neck, he'd lean against her more and hum happily.

Each tell of his made her fall more and more in love with the blond boy in her arms – unbeknownst to Ominis, the whole time they were together, Isla's gaze almost drowned him with adoration.

She only wished that she could express her love to him with words as good as she did with actions.