nine

A/N... what are y'all most looking forward to seeing from the game be put in here??? like a quest or smth, I wanna hear your thoughts :)

CHAPTER NINE

"I thought you said you didn't want to be involved with this!?" Sebastian laughed incredulously, crossing his arms as he leaned against a post in the Undercroft, not believing a word Ominis said.

"I don't," He deadpanned, leaning against a post across from Sebastian. "Really, I'd prefer it if you stayed out of it and Isla stay out of it as well, but both of you are as stubborn as mules. So if I can't stop you, then I'm coming with you and keeping you two on a leash."

"You seem very fond of having a leash on me," Sebastian teased, smirking at the blond boy who flushed and rolled his eyes.

"Shut up. Now either I'm coming with you two, or I'm going to the headmaster." Ominis threatened.

Sebastian raised his hands in defence and pushed off the wooden post. "Okay, okay, Merlin's beard, you didn't need to pull that card—"

"Good." The blond boy interrupted, pulling his wand out. "Now tell me what you've done without me."

Sebastian sighed, biting the inside of his cheek. "When Isla came to visit Anne, I took her to the spot where she was cursed," He spoke softly. "We fought off goblins who were protecting the area and we investigated. We walked into that old castle ruin thing, and Isla said she saw the undercroft through the wall or something so we went through and boom we were here and a triptych appeared with an image on it so now we're going to find it."

Ominis blinked in shock as Sebastian tried to catch his breath. "I'll pretend as if that made complete sense," He answered, nodding nonetheless. "All I gather is that you know where the... triptych, image is – and you're going to go there with her."

"Pretty much," Sebastian rocked on his heels and pressed his lips together. "Did that help my case with you trusting me again..?" He asked hesitantly, sensing that Ominis wanting to join along meant that he didn't trust that I'd keep Isla safe. I would though, I just can't seem to show him that.

Ominis shot Sebastian a look that screaming 'are you kidding me right now?' before laughing. "You're asking me if not lying to me gained my trust? That should be a fucking given, Sebastian. Friends don't lie to each other."

Sebastian sighed, hitting his head against the wooden post. "I know, I know, I'm sorry..." He muttered.

"Ask me that again when you've gone the next month without lying to me," The blond boy deadpanned, taking his leave.

Sebastian winced at his sharp words, realizing how much he really has just... crumbled their relationship.

"How can I prove it to you that I'm not lying?" Sebastian asked him softly. "You won't always believe me even if I'm telling the truth."

Ominis stopped walking when he heard Sebastian, stood in front of the exit to the Undercroft. "Give something up," He told him. "I'll know you're being genuine. Like in the scriptorium."

Sebastian furrowed his eyebrows. "What?"

"You didn't ask a single question about it, you didn't beg to stay a little longer, you didn't even talk about what you saw around you. You gave that up to get us out of there, to keep Isla safe."