eighteen

A/N... warning for gore fjsjms – also, I wanted to give some thanks to some of my readers who've given RAM so much love, would you be okay if I tagged some people in my next chapter?? If you don't know if it'll be you or not but you don't want to be mentioned, just comment <3

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Isla considered the next four days close to heavenly.

It seemed like everything that had bothered them had simply drifted away with the water the day they kissed.

Ominis took her out on a date, their first one, and not once did they run into Ashwinders or Poachers or Ranroks loyalists or anything negative, really.

He took her to a Kneazle den at dusk so Isla could watch the sunset, and she could play with the Kneazles and love them.

Isla and him laid below the stars, Isla telling him constellations she saw while Ominis told her the story behind them – thats when she found out that Ominis absolutely loves astronomy.

(I feel like there's too much of reusing the names)

School workload was easier than ever, they had a study session in the library once where they finished their work quickly and spent the rest of the night talking and reading.

No drama bothered them either.

That was probably the best part.

It was just her and Ominis, and the whole world was watching them, not once bothering them.

They dreaded the day their peace would come to a close and they'd be brought back to reality.

Whereas Sebastian Sallow was experiencing quite the opposite.

He couldn't stand the thought of leaving Ominis, more than anything he wanted to make amends – he hated himself for what he did.

He could've saved them both, thats what he always thought – he could have Ominis and Anne.

But the curse changed that.

The curse changed everything for Sebastian Sallow.

He didn't recognize his sister or himself anymore. He lost the person that meant the most to him in the whole world, he lost the girl he began to see as his sister.

He drowned himself in Slytherin's book, but the more he read the more it began to sink in that he no longer had Isla or Ominis.

Lee tried his very best to help Sebastian, he allowed him to stay at his parents house which was just a 10 minute broom flight from Hogwarts, and they already loved him.

But the one thing Lee couldn't stop Sebastian from doing was finding a cure – isolating himself in the process.

And when he found the possibility of a cure with the artifact he found in the catacomb, he lost the final bit of himself that was desperately hanging on.

He found Anne and took her to the catacomb, while the girl was more than worried for her brother, and he used the artifact like the book told him to.

It allowed him to control things, dark things.

And it held Sebastian in a chokehold.

Anne was scared by the look in her brothers eyes, the look that lusted for revenge, power – to fix everything that happened.

The girl tried her best to leave, but her way was blocked by inferi as Sebastian worked on curing the girl.

She told him no, but he didn't take that as an option – the option to simply not cure her.