twenty four

CHAPTER FOUR

"Did Ominis not invite you?" Sebastian asked the blue haired girl, who was staying at the Sallow's house for a few days considering Solomon was out handling "personal matters" as he said.

Anne jumped at the opportunity to invite the girl over, considering she only saw her a few hours a week – and after everything that happened, Anne found herself calling Isla her best friend.

So, of course, Isla agreed to stay, I mean, a chance to spend time with the Sallows? Fuck yeah.

Anyone who denied that opportunity was insane.

"I... don't think he wanted her to come – it likely wouldn't end well," Anne told her brother softly, glancing over at Isla who sat in front of the fireplace on her makeshift bed.

"Hm?" Isla hummed, turning her head over to look at the Sallows – having not heard what they were talking about.

Sebastian moved away from the kitchen, bringing the sandwiches he had just made with him and sitting beside the girl, handing her one.

"The Gaunt's have an annual ball," Sebastian told her. "Just before the school year starts – to celebrate blood purity or whatever. Sometimes to celebrate another pure blood going to Hogwarts. But they're all... nasty and stuck up." He chuckled.

"Sebastian and I always go," Anne told the girl, sitting down on her bed. "To make sure Ominis stays sane," she chuckled.

Isla nodded slightly.

A ball?

Held by the Gaunts?

That was something she least expected from them to be honest – not like she knew them well enough for her assumptions to be accurate.

She... couldn't tell how she felt about Ominis not inviting her.

But mostly, she understood.

Ominis didn't get along with most of his family, and they're always harsh to him – why would he bring his girlfriend who they'll likely be just as cruel to?

Ominis didn't want that experience for her – having to deal with what hes had to for 16 years of his life.

"Do you think I should go?" Isla asked, pulling herself from her thoughts and opting to hear what the twins thought.

Sebastian shrugged. "It's up to you."

Anne hummed and nodded in agreement. "It depends on your comfort level. But, if it helps, Sebastian and I will be there. Whether you're there or not, so he won't be alone."

"When is it?" She asked, looking over at the brunette.

"A few days from now," Anne responded, smiling softly. "I... would love to help find you a dress, if you do wish to go."

Isla laughed softly at the girls offer – dress shopping with Anne? Certainly something they haven't done before, but... it could be fun.

"Do you already have a dress?" Isla asked.

Anne nodded with a smile. "Sebastian and I went out a week ago to get our formal wear. Believe it or not, Sebastian has exquisite taste," she teased.

Sebastian laughed and rolled his eyes, throwing a pillow across the room at her. "Believe it or not? Who do you think I am? Of course I have exquisite taste," He grinned, leaning against the wall proudly.

"Who are you going with?" Isla laughed, looking at the twins, who pointed at each other.

"Can't leave my sister to be tended to by a man lesser than her," he mused.