two

A/N

A/N... my lovely Lee :)

CHAPTER TWO

I tossed and turned all night, despite how comfortable the beds were. My mind just wouldn't turn off no matter how hard I tried. Usually a few tricks help me pass right out, like counting my breaths, or coming up with a story, but no matter what I did my mind just kept circling back to my first official day at Hogwarts.

Maybe it was the nerves keeping me up, or the excitement, I couldn't tell. So I thought maybe getting up and getting some hot chocolate or something might help clear my head.

I put some slippers on and a light sweater, quietly sneaking out of the girls dorm and closing the door behind me.

I walked down the stairs to the common room to see a person by the window, covered by a blanket, gazing outside.

I took the last few steps down the stairs and walked over, the person looking over to me.

"Can't sleep?" The voice called out, causing me to smile.

"Ominis." I breathed out, slightly relieved to know it was Ominis. "To answer your question–no, not really." I chuckled, pushing my hair back and sitting beside him on the couch. "Same for you, I presume?"

He nodded. "I can't ever sleep, its usually just me here late, sometimes with people sneaking in and out to go to parties or get back from one."

I nodded in acknowledgement, before glancing over at him. "How'd you know it was me?"

"Lucky guess. I heard footsteps and I didn't hear the usual snickering when others are sneaking out, trying to get out." He explained. "Usually everyones loud–you're rather quiet."

I laughed slightly and nodded. "Yeah, I tend to be..." I trailed off before glancing back at him. "What were you doing?"

He shrugged slightly "Listening, I suppose. Its actually rather calming, just stopping and listening to everything around you when its quiet. You notice things you usually don't."

"Like what?" I asked him, smiling in curiosity before grabbing hold of the other blanket on the couch and pulling it overtop of myself.

Ominis adjusted his position slightly, pulling his blanket up to go over my legs. "Like the glass creaking, or the pipes, the faint laughter from kids that stay up late, your own breathing, a lot of things." He shrugged. "What were you going to do before you came over here?"

I smiled and shrugged as well, letting out a sigh. "No idea, really, just try to get my head to stop bouncing all over the place." I chuckled "I was gonna try and find some hot chocolate but I think thats hopeless since I don't know where I'd get it–"