thirty eight

CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT

Dear Ominis,
May we meet after diner in the Quidditch Pitch? I wish to talk to you and teach you something I feel may help you.
I know you haven't been so bright lately, so I'm hoping this can help raise your spirits.
And yes, love, I noticed.
I always do.
I hope to see you then.

With love,
Isla Jones

Ominis smiled to himself as he traced his fingers over the braille letters on the page that he had transfigured with Isla's spell.

He chuckled softly as he heard her owl, Ellie, hoot at him for attention – so the boy lifted his hand to gently pet her feathers, amused by her.

He knew then and there that he'd go see her – thankfully he had gotten the owl during dinner, and considering Isla hadn't shown up, he figured she might already be there.

He said his goodbye's to Sebastian and Lee – he was most definitely third wheeling anyways, so he was glad he'd spare himself before the two started snogging at the table.

As he walked, he couldn't help but notice that familiar bundle of nerves that settled in his stomach – the butterflies that made his heart race.

After... nearly a year of being with Isla, she never failed to give him butterflies.

It drove him absolutely crazy, but in the best way possible.

He walked over to the nearest floo flame location and grabbed a fist full of the powder, throwing it down and calling out 'Hogwarts Quidditch Pitch' as green flames enveloped him.

With a puff of smoke, he was just by the entrance to the Pitch, and could hear the whizzing of a broom, causing a smile to form on his face.

"Still practicing?" Ominis called out, walking through the curtains to enter the pitch, standing on the field as Isla hit the bludger around.

The girl grinned when she heard his voice, but not responding yet – chasing the bludger down to quickly grab hold of it, dragging the nasty thing down to its case and strapping it in as it fought against her.

"I can't believe you willingly deal with that thing,"
Ominis laughed softly, walking over to the girl with a fond smile, which grew at the sound of her melodic laugh.

"It's more fun than you'd think," She laughed, closing the case and looking over at her lover with a small smile. "So you got my letter?"

"Yeah," He chuckled. "I especially loved how the heart you drew turned into braille in the shape of a heart,"

Isla laughed softly, walking over to him as she admired him – the boy in a simple Slytherin sweater that was loose on him, his hair slightly damp from the light drizzle of the rain – strands of hair falling in his face. "I'm glad you liked it," she hummed.

"What did you want to teach me?" Ominis asked the girl, his breath catching in his throat as he felt her fingers begin to trace across his cheek gently.

His eyes fluttered shut as she held him close, admiring every little feature of his, smiling in adoration. "I wanted to talk first," She told him. "About us – good things," She laughed.

Ominis let out a slight sigh of relief, laughing to himself. "Thank you for the clarification," He mused, sliding his arms around her waist to pull her close.

Isla smiled, pressing a kiss to his forehead. "Of course, my love," She hummed.

She took a moment to gather her thoughts, just embracing her lover as she did so – Ominis content, patient as he allowed her to take her time.