twenty three

A/N... considering my break is now over, my posting times will be a little more all over the place just fyi 😭😭 it's also show month for my school play and I'm at school for 10 hours every weekday djsnsn

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

"She's different," Ominis whispered softly – sat on his bed, while Lee sat on the other end, providing the lonely boy some company.

"She oughta be sad after all that's happened," Lee tried to reason. "I mean... she lost Professor Fig and she has no closure with Sebastians state right now, she's... processing."

Ominis sighed softly, closing his eyes. "I know," He whispered. "I know she is, and I understand that. It's hard to explain, Leeam, she just feels different," he sighed, holding his head in his hands. "The way she talks, she way she holds herself, even when things were hard she'd come to me but now she's almost avoiding me."

Lee chewed at the inside of his cheek. "Give her some space, maybe that would—"

"She told me before that giving her space is the last thing I should do." He said firmly. "When Lodgok died I offered to give her a few days alone to breathe – I could hear it in her voice when she whispered 'don't' to me – she was almost scared of me giving her space. So I promised I wouldn't."

The pink haired boy groaned softly, putting his head in his hands as he sighed. "I'm not very helpful with this," he chuckled softly. "My best friends are Imelda and Sebastian," he chuckled. "Emotional... shit isn't really my forte."

Ominis chuckled softly. "Apologies," he teased lightly. "That's okay, Leeam. Thank you for listening," he told him, smiling slightly.

"Anytime, Gaunt, I mean it." The boy smiled, placing his hand overtop of Ominis's and giving a reassuring squeeze. "I'm here to help you however and whenever I can."

Ominis hummed and nodded. "For you as well, Leeam." He smiled, taking a breath in and grabbing onto his wand, standing up.

"I'm going to take a stroll," He told the boy. "Take a breather."

"Of course," Lee chuckled, standing up and gently patting the boys shoulder before walking over to his own bed.

Once Ominis left the room, a soft sigh escaped his lips.

His head was spinning, it hasn't stopped – always thinking about Isla and Sebastian.

He was so... lost though.

Should he talk to her? What if that'd make things worse? But leaving her alone would have the same outcome.

But what if this time is different and she does want space? And he would annoy her by not giving it to her?

Merlin, he never thought he'd overanalyze a situation to this extent.

Isla had such an impact on him, where he was nervous about the smallest things and always wanted to impress her – make her happy.

Before her, he couldn't give two shits if someone didn't like what he did, let alone fuss over impressing them.

He tried to pull that side back out, at least for this one time – it was his girlfriend, for Merlin's sake, no matter how scared he feels he should be by her side.