thirty six

A/N... what do we think of that like epilogue chapter with faceclaims and quotes and a playlist??? would y'all like that for RAM?

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

"I can't believe this is happening," Ry breathed out shakily, collapsing down on the couch in the undercroft as he looked up at all the people around him.

"Rigel," Anne breathed out softly, giving the boy a sweet smile and moving to sit down beside him. "Are you alright? Did you get hurt?"

The boy shook his head. "No, no, I'm fine," He muttered, before his eyes shot back up to Ominis. "Omi—"

"Here," The blond chuckled, handing a wet cloth to him with some cream to help disinfect his cut, grabbing a chair to sit down on it in front of Ry.

The boy let out a breath, grabbing onto what he was handed and moving closer to Ominis – gently holding his other cheek with one hand, and wiping the blood away.

Ominis stopped himself from wincing at the sharp pain, not wanting to worry his brother any more than he already was.

The group stayed in silence as Ry focused on taking care of Ominis – wanting him to take things at his own pace, do what he wants to when he wants to.

Though, the two Sallow's along with Lee held smiles on their faces as they watched Rigel Gaunt care for his younger brother.

They all cared for Rigel deeply – they all saw him as an older brother, honestly, so they were relieved to see him finally out of that hell hole.

"There," The boy whispered softly, taking his hands off of Ominis's face and setting the medical supplies aside. "Done."

"Thank you," Ominis told him softly, taking hold of his hand briefly to squeeze it. "How are you feeling?"

"I..." He trailed off, looking over at the four other people that circled around him.

The group realized how they all just – stood around him, and tried their best to step away and act casual, but Rigel still felt awkward.

"Guys," Ominis called out to them hesitantly.

Sebastian gave Ominis a thumbs up – despite the fact that he couldn't see it. "I've got plenty of homework anyways—"

Isla could see the guilt written all over Ry's face as the Sallows and Lee walked out.

"No, you don't need to—"

"It's okay," Isla assured him gently, sitting beside him and placing her hand carefully on his back to soothingly rub it. "Your comfortability is whats most important here."

"It's not that I'm not comfortable with them—" He tried to defend softly, feeling his heart sink at the thought of offending them.

"It's that its too many people, and they understand," She whispered to him softly. "They know you care for them, Ry, sometimes people just need space and they're happy to provide if thats what you need."

"I'm sorry," He whispered softly, pulling his legs to his chest. "You've done so much for me already and I'm just shoving you all away—"

Ominis stood up and sat beside his brother, wrapping his arms around him and pulling him into a gentle hug. "You're not shoving anyone away," He told him gently, but firmly. "You need time and space, I've needed that before, we all have. So we understand."

Rigel closed his eyes as he gave out a sigh, holding onto his brother closely. "I'm going to cause you all so much trouble," He whispered shakily.

"Then so be it, because you being here makes us all so happy," Isla told him softly, rubbing his back. "Seeing you so often helped me get through last year, Ry. I know you don't see it but you help me so much and you make me so, so happy," She consoled.