three

CHAPTER THREE

"With the new threat rising, as well as you having been apart of this all last year, we believed it to be best to keep an eye on her on Hogwarts grounds."

Professor Weasley offered Isla a smile as she gestured for Aimee Jones to make herself known – Professor Garlick walking behind her with a gentle smile.

Isla smiled in relief as she saw her sister again, opening her arms and laughing softly as Aimee ran into her arms to hug her closely.

"Thank you, Professors," Isla whispered softly, looking up at the two Professors in front of her.

"Call me Mirabel outside of class, sprout, please," Professor Garlick offered a smile as she gently placed her hand on Aimee's shoulder when the two girls pulled apart. "It's been an absolute pleasure caring for this little flower, she's got such energy," she laughed, playfully tapping Aimee's chin.

Professor Weasley gave Isla a polite nod in response. "Professor Sharp and Professor Garlick have agreed to care for Aimee here on Hogwarts grounds, as you've made quite a name for yourself and we would not like to risk Aimee's safety by keeping her away."

"Where is she staying?" Isla asked, looking between the two women in front of her.

"Aesop – er, Professor Sharp, and I have relocated our corridors to be closer together, and Aimee resides in a room directly across from ours. Deek provides Aimee with food, while Sharp and I aid Aimee with her studies whenever we can."

A small smile appeared on Aimee's face as she nodded – the girl spent her time with two muggles that knew about the wizarding world during Isla's 5th year.

Yet, because she lived so far away, Isla and Aimee could rarely see each other – especially with all that went on with Ranrok.

But now she could see her sister whenever she wanted – and both girls were excited about it.

Aimee spent time with Aesop and Mirabel over the summer, getting acquainted with them and the girl had grown to love the both of them.

Potion making and herbology required no magical powers, and so the Professors had spent their time teaching her how to brew potions and care for magical creatures and plants.

Honestly, Aesop found that Aimee had more of a knack for potion making than Isla did.

"You have no idea how relieved I am to hear that, Professor," Isla breathed out, smiling as she watched Aimee absolutely beam. "Do... we think that Aimee potentially has powers like me?"

Professor Weasley hummed in thought, but after a moment simply shrugged her shoulders. "It is hard to tell, she is only 14 years old. When her 15th birthday comes, we may be able to answer your question."

Aimee bit her lip in excitement at the thought of having powers like her sister – being able to cast spells and go on all these adventures like her.

It was almost a dream come true.

"But for now, Aimee has been focusing on potions and herbology, and she has, well, excelled at it." Professor Weasley laughed softly, gently patting Aimee's shoulder. "But rest assured, Ms. Jones, Aimee is safe here. Although we do recommend that you continue to focus on your studies and not let your sisters presence affect your work habits."

Isla grinned sheepishly and shrugged. "Can't promise that, Professor, but I will certainly try," she laughed. "May I spend some time with her now?"

The two Professors nodded, gently encouraging Aimee to walk towards her sister – which she had no problems doing, as she had a grin spread across her face as she latched onto her.