twenty one

A/N... not sure if this chapter is well written or not 😅 so theres a chance I'll rewrite it a bit depending on Tori's thoughts, so if I do I'll let y'all know <3

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

"I see you brought backup," Professor Fig pointed out, a fond smile spreading across his face as he saw Isla come in with her band of Slytherins.

"I figured we would need all the help we could get," She chuckled softly, glancing at the Slytherins behind her with a thankful smile.

"One can never be over prepared, especially for battle." Professor Fig nodded his head at the four, and gestured for them to follow him.

He led them down the stairs towards the door, the four following him.

"We can only hope that we're not too late, and that we find nothing but a repository, undisturbed, beyond this door." He spoke as he walked.

"So this is it?" Sebastian asked, looking around and taking it all in – surprised that this all laid beneath Hogwarts this whole time.

Isla nodded. "This is it," she breathed out, chuckling.

"They call it the Keepers' Caverns," Fig explained, opening the door to reveal a huge room with a bridge, leading to another door.

"Will the enchantments protecting the castle also protect against an incursion from below?" Ominis asked, hesitantly walking forward as he used his wand to get a feel for the area around him.

"I doubt it," Anne responded. "I don't think they expected anyone to dig their way in, even then their magic is more powerful." She noted.

"I was thinking the very same thing." Professor Fig smiled slightly at the girl – admittedly happy to see his very best student again, but hating that it was under such circumstances. "Although, I can assure you that they will protect the castle in such ways in the future." He chuckled.

The five of them walked through the door once they crossed the bridge – revealing a large cavern that had begun to tremble, pieces falling off the wall and smashing into the ground.

"Goblins," Professor Fig sighed, his eyes finding a machine that dug its way through the cavern walls.

"Do you think Ranrok is here?" Ominis asked, trailing behind the others as they began to man out their way down the path.

"If he isn't already at the repository, I doubt he's far behind," Isla responded, her pace turning into a jog before stopping abruptly when she came across a load of goblins.

"Ready yourselves!" Professor Fig yelled out to them, but the four had already started casting spells at the dozens of goblins that blocked their paths.

As Anne and Sebastian fought side by side, Ominis and Isla fought back to back – working together to finish off the goblins quickly so that they wasted no time in getting to the repository.

Ominis suffered an arrow to the shoulder – but was quickly handed a wiggenweld potion by Isla, who likely had dozens of them stored in her bag.

"I can't numb this," she whispered apologetically, placing her hand on Ominis's chest as she gripped onto the arrow.

Before Ominis could process what his girlfriend was doing, she ripped the arrow from his shoulder – the blond yelling out in pain, but the feeling quickly disappearing thanks to the potion.

"You could have warned me," He panted, moving his shoulder around with a slight wince at the stiffness.

"You wouldn't of let me do it if I did," she chuckled sheepishly, looking around – her eyes not catching sight of anymore goblins coming their way.