four

January – start of new term

"The Professors will recognize me Isla, this won't work—"

Ry immediately got shut up by a finger on his mouth, and shushing noises coming from Isla. Soft chuckles came from Ominis, who was sat beside the two in the Undercroft.

"Best not protest, Ry," the boy mused "she's unstoppable."

Isla hummed with a grin, cheekily winking at Rigel as she straightened out his new Gryffindor robes. "He's learned," she teased. "You deserve another shot at the years you unfairly lost, and you might as well try now when you have numerous people here to help. Now, who are you?"

Rigel rolled his eyes amusedly as Isla fixed his hair. "My name is Ryerson Grovain, I'm a transfer student from Ilvermorny, I'm in my 6th year, born and raised in the UK but I moved to America and was accepted into Ilvermorny. My mother moved here for business reasons, she's a magizoologist."

A small squeal left Isla's lips as she clapped in excitement, pulling the boy into a comforting and motherly hug. "This is going to be amazing for you, Ry."

Rigel – or, well, now Ryerson cleared his throat with a chuckle. "And you're sure Headmistress Weasley allowed this..?"

Ominis hummed. "She did. We discussed it with her, although of course she was already catching onto us, we just confirmed you were here. But she had no problem keeping you here and allowing you to continue your studies."

A small smile tugged at Ry's lips. "She was always my favourite."

"And you, hers," Omi smiled, walking over to his brother to gently squeeze his shoulder. "We made sure you were in the same classes as at least one of us, you're first with Isla in potions."

Isla looped her arm with Rigel's and tugged him along gently to the doors to exit the Undercroft.

"Isla already has all your books, so you needn't worry about that! Enjoy yourself!" Ominis called out as he heard the two students exit, smiling wider as he heard Isla's faint "I love you" echo through the Undercroft.

The blue haired girl made sure Rigel wouldn't spend a moment alone – knowing how anxiety ridden he would be if she did leave. Which was the last thing she wished, for all she wanted was for Ry to feel... normal.

She knows the boy won't admit to it – you couldn't pay him a pretty price to admit how... foreign he feels everywhere he goes.

But Isla could tell.

She could always tell.

Which, admittedly, Rigel and Ominis were both extremely grateful for – sometimes neither even knew they were feeling a certain way until Isla began caring for them and their walls just... crumbled.

It didn't take a genius to see how much that helped the brothers – it also didn't take a genius to see how eager they both are to make it up to her.

Ominis has spent hours upon hours with Isla going over potions because she struggles so much with it. Every time Isla insisted she was alright and didn't want to bother him, he just hushed her with a gentle kiss and assured her it's what he wanted.

And Rigel, although, much to his dismay, hasn't been able to do much for her, he always makes sure he's there to listen to the girl. She has a tendency to ramble about... everything, pretty much.

But Rigel always listens, it's what he's best at, honestly. He could listen to anyone talk about anything they're passionate about, even if it makes no sense to him.