twenty nine

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

"What about this artifact is so important for you to get?" Isla asked Leia as the Gaunt girl led them to a catacomb.

"History," She shrugged, stopping at the boulder that covered the entrance – runes etched into the stone. "We need your magic to get in."

"Does it have to do with other people who could wield ancient magic?" Sebastian asked curiously, causing Leia to shrug as she watched Isla place her hands on the stone.

"All I know is that it has to do with getting into a secret magical world," Leia mentioned.

"So you're chasing a fairytale?" Ominis questioned, raising an eyebrow at her words.

Leia simply rolled her eyes, watching the stone turn into a mirror like surface – Isla simply gesturing for them to walk towards it as she disappeared into it.

"Woah," Sebastian breathed out, grinning slightly.

He was always amazed by Isla's powers – ever since he first met her he always found her to be the most badass woman to ever walk the earth.

He watched Leia follow swiftly behind Isla, so he grabbed onto Ominis's arm gently – but the boy pulled away abruptly.

"We're walking into a mirror essentially, Ominis," He chuckled softly. "I'll guide you and make sure you get to the other side safely. Then I'll let go, okay?"

Ominis sighed at his words, contemplating them for a moment before nodding and grabbing hold of Sebastians bicep.

The brunet guided him into the mirror and a big cavern appeared in front of his eyes.

"This is freaky," Isla chuckled softly, looking around the cave before settling her eyes on Ominis – who pulled away from Sebastian and just stayed in the back, leaning against a wall.

She's never seen Ominis so... unsociable before – so she did what she normally would, and grabbed onto his hand gently and gave it a squeeze.

"From what I know, the people of the hidden world don't want just anyone inside," Leia explained, stepping towards the edge and looking down – simply seeing a bottomless pit of darkness. "It'll be challenging."

Sebastian puffed up his chest confidently with a grin. "Nothing we haven't encountered before. Shall we?" He grinned, gesturing for Leia to go on.

The girl simply rolled her eyes and hit their shoulders as she walked past him – causing the boy to swear under his breath and hold his shoulder.

"Fuck she's stronger than she looks—" He grumbled, Isla laughing and ruffling his hair as she passed him – pulling Ominis along.

"What kind of challenges do you expect?" Ominis asked his sister.

"One's that test your intelligence, reflexes, integrity, ability to work together, all the cheesy bullshit like that."

In no time Sebastians adventurous grin was plastered back on his face. "So all the fun challenges?"

Isla laughed softly under her breath. "I missed going on adventures with you," She teased the boy lightly, hooking her arm with his.

Sebastian grinned and held her close. "I did too, blue," He laughed, looking around the caverns curiously – each wall had a foreign language etched into the stone, one he hadn't seen before.

"Think we could use your braille spell and see if you can read it?" Isla suggested to Ominis.

The blond shrugged and nodded. "I suppose," He told her, letting go of her hand and walking over to the wall.