fourteen

A/N... 1k reads you guys are kidding me 😭😭😭 I love you all so much, you mean the world to me and I'm so glad you're enjoying RAM!!
Posting this early cause I'll be up super late tonight and likely forget 🤧🤧

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Isla woke up to gentle fingers running through her hair, a groan escaping her lips as exhaustion swept over her.

Though, she sighed at the gentle feeling of her hair being played with – about to fall back asleep as she nuzzled her head into a more comfortable position.

Just as she began to doze off, she snapped back to reality and her eyes shot open – Ominis.

She lifted her head and rubbed at her groggy eyes, blinking rapidly as she tried to rid her fuzzy vision.

When she was able to comprehend what was in front of her, a wide, relieved grin spread across her face.

"Ominis," she whispered gently, seeing the boy's eyes open and a slight small pull at his lips.

"You stayed," He whispered quietly, his voice raw and uneven, but Isla didn't care in the slightest.

It was his voice – a voice she hasn't heard in days.

A voice she missed more than she thought she would.

"Of course I did, I never left," she whispered back gently, moving to sit on the bed beside him and hold his hand in her lap. "How do you feel, love?"

"Like I got run over by a stampede of hippogriffs," he chuckled softly, groaning quietly as he tried to sit up.

"Yeah, you look like it," She chuckled lightly, placing her hand gently on his back and helping hold him upright. "You... got hurt pretty bad protecting Anne, thats probably where most of your pain is coming from."

He nodded with a small sigh. "Wiggenweld would help that?"

Isla nodded and leaned over to grab the green potion, "Yeah, but the pain from the curse will still be there."

Ominis nodded, holding his hand out and taking the potion from her gently, tilting it up and pouring it into his mouth.

He let out a relieved sigh when he felt the stinging and burning from the cuts disappear. "I know," He whispered.

Isla bit her lip, hesitantly lifting her hand to run through his hair soothingly. "We can wait until you're feeling better and then we can floo back, okay?"

Ominis sighed quietly and nodded, leaning into her hand before laying back down on the bed. "How long have I been out?" He asked her.

"Two days," she told him, giving him an empathetic look as she trailed her fingers across the boy's arm, drifting off into her head as she walked through the events of that day.

"Great," Ominis muttered, using his other hand to run down his face. "And Anne?"

Isla hummed, not processing what he said as she replayed the image of Ominis under the cruciatus curse.

"Isla?" He called out to her, moving his hand to intertwine with hers.

"Hm? Yeah, sorry, drifted off I guess," she chuckled, holding his hand close as she closed her eyes tight, trying to control her breathing.