twenty six

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

"You've been avoiding the topic all night, Lee," Sebastian whispered softly. "I saw him talking with you and Isla, I want to protect you both but I can't unless I know what happened."

Lee sighed softly, helping put dishes away after the party ended – only a handful of people remaining.

"It's not a topic I'm exactly keen on discussing here, Sebastian," Lee told him gently, keeping his eyes focused on the dishes.

Sebastian sighed softly and leaned against the counter, looking around the room.

Isla and Ominis were using their magic to put the tables away, while Natty and Anne were talking on the couch – waiting on their friends before leaving.

Sebastian sighed frustratingly when he looked over at Lee, seeing that the boy was doing everything by hand, intentionally taking longer to avoid the conversation.

So the brunet pulled out his wand and started using his magic to put the dishes away and clean them, smirking slightly at hearing Lee groan in annoyance.

"Done," Sebastian told him, raising an eyebrow at the boy. "Back to your place then?"

Lee sighed in frustration and shot a look at Sebastian, dropping the towel on the counter and taking his leave without a word.

"Where are you going?" Isla called out, laughing softly as she watched Lee grab his things.

"Back to his place," Sebastian grinned, sending Isla a wink. "Don't mind us! Keep on keeping on."

Isla raised an amused eyebrow at the boy and glanced over at Ominis. "What do you think thats all about?" She chuckled softly.

The blond shrugged with a small hum. "Likely something we don't at all want to hear," he chuckled.

Isla rolled her eyes amusedly and walked over to lean against the table which Ominis was cleaning, looking at him with an adoring smile.

A faint blush spread across Ominis's cheeks at the feeling of her eyes on him.

"What?" He chuckled.

Isla laughed and gave a slight shrug. "You look good, Ominis," she told him. "You always do."

"Do I now?" He teased softly, pocketing his wand with a slight smile – finding her arm with one hand and trailing it across her body to rest on her hip, pulling her close.

The girl smiled as she wrapped her arms around his neck, holding him close before gently pressing their lips together in a sweet, loving kiss.

They stayed like that for a few moments, kissing, embracing each other – happy and content.

"I heard you talking to Arcturus," Ominis whispered softly, pulling away to lean their foreheads together. "He's quite... arrogant and deceitful, did he say much to you?"

Isla hummed softly at the mention of the boy, holding her boyfriend close. "I agree," she chuckled. "He was just trying to annoy me I guess, being the new one to all of your parties – fresh meat in a way," she chuckled. "I handled him though."