twenty two

A/N... 5k y'all 😭😭😭 <333

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

"I can't believe this is it," Isla grinned slightly as she walked through the doors – relieved to see the repository hold a bright blue glow, rather than a swirl of red and black.

"It's been here this whole time, for hundreds of years." Professor Fig looked around the cavern wondrously, fascinated by everything around him.

Sebastian looked over at Isla with a slight smile. "You're now the keeper," He told her. "What do you plan to do with it?"

The others looked at Isla curiously, yearning to know the very same thing.

"I... want to do good with it," she said. "Not like Isidora, I want to find a way to use it for good – keeping it down here, I feel history would just repeat itself and land in the wrong hands."

"After everything you've seen?" Professor Fig asked in disbelief. "What about Isidora's fate?"

"I wish to build upon her work, I've seen all of the memories, learned from them – I won't make the same mistake she did."

"We're by your side," Anne told the girl reassuringly, placing a hand on her shoulder with a smile. "Isidora did this alone, you will not."

Isla smiled at the girl and placed her hand overtop of Anne's. "The first thing I hope to do with it is to rid Sebastian of the curse once and for all." She whispered, glancing over at the freckled boy.

"Thank you," He told her, about to continue on when he felt a sharp pain erupt from his chest – gasping at the feeling and holding onto his side.

"Sebastian?" Ominis spoke worriedly, putting his hand on his back – before feeling an additional presence.

"Ranrok." Professor Fig muttered, stepping in front of the four students with his arm extended out to protect them.

"The arrogance of wizardkind," Ranrok scoffed, looking around the cavern with a power thirsty snarl.

Ranrok looked over at Sebastian with his eyes narrowed. "You wield the very same power I do," He spoke.

As Ranrok stepped closer, the scars across Sebastians body began to glow red and black – his eyes glowing the very same colour.

"What are you doing!?" Anne yelled, grabbing onto Sebastian and pulling him away from the goblin, but Sebastian still writhed in pain.

The goblin chuckled slightly. "I've been wanting to play with this," he mused, taking out a beige wand from behind his back, pointing it at the group.

"Miriam's wand," Professor Fig whispered, stepping closer as he looked at the wand with grief.

"If she simply handed over the container, all of this could have been avoided." Ranrok snarled. "Foolish, self-important witch."

The goblin raised his wand, the red magic glowing from the tip of it – before pointing it at the group.

In an instant, the group heard a loud scream of pain come from Sebastians throat – the boy collapsing down to the ground as he held his stomach.

The magic glowed brighter from his scars, and then soon travelled through his body like blood travelling through veins – his fingertips swirling with red ancient magic.

Pain enveloped the boy, wails of pain escaping his throat – until he began to feel that pain turn into power.

Power that made him stronger, and he could feel it flowing through his entire body – he never felt such strength before.