thirty two

A/N

A/N... this is how I imagine Arch btw :)

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

"Why did they stop?" Isla asked confusedly, looking back at the group who also stared at the shadows in shock.

The shadows had all stopped in unison just a few feet away from Isla and Arch. Staying deathly still for a solid minute, the group bickering stressfully – trying to figure out what the actual fuck to do.

"Do we run?" Isla asked quickly.

"Where?" Arch deadpanned, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Anywhere!"

"You can't get past these walls," Leia told her blatantly.

"What about the key?"

"Do you see a lock anywheres?" Arch deadpanned, gesturing around them.

"I don't know! Maybe it's invisible!"

"You try then," He groaned, shoving the key in her hands with a snarky look.

An annoyed groan left Isla's lips. "You are so lucky—"

"Guys!!" Sebastian yelled out, grabbing their attention and gesturing to the shadows that had started to move towards them.

Two out of five shadows trudged their way towards Isla and Arch – Isla throwing bounds of ancient magic at them, which simply passed through them.

"It's not working!" She yelled stressfully, grabbing Arcturus's shirt and pulling him away.

As she did so, Arch caught a glimpse of their three friends – with three shadows approaching behind them.

"LEIA!" He yelled out her name, Isla seeing what the boy was so concerned about.

She watched helplessly as the figure latched onto Leia's arm, both disappearing in thin air.

Sebastian shielded Ominis from the other two shadows – but one disappeared and reappeared behind Ominis, grabbing onto the boy and vanishing with him.

In a split second, Sebastian was gone too.

Isla's heart dropped as she watched the scene unfold in mere seconds, the girl freezing up as Arch tried to drag her away.

"Isla come on!!" The boy yelled at her, dragging her away from the two shadows that approached them swiftly.

She finally came to her senses and ran along side him – but having to stop abruptly when another two shadows appeared in front of them.

Curses left both of their lips as they turned abruptly to the side – encountering yet another shadow.

So they turned around, but found themselves in front of another.