one

CHAPTER ONENovember 1st, 1891 (6th year)

CHAPTER ONE
November 1st, 1891 (6th year)

"I was thinking..." Isla trailed off, her head against Ominis's chest as she laid against him in bed – skipping dinner in the great hall with her boyfriend, as he took her out earlier for a date in the Three Broomsticks.

"Yes, my love?" Ominis inquired, his fingers running through the girls hair mindlessly – somewhat loving the new feel of it.

Her annoyance with her hair mid battle became too much for her to handle, so at 3am the night before, she chopped it off to her shoulders.

Ominis wasn't the judge of whether or not it suited her, but honestly he did love the new feeling of it while he ran his fingers through her hair.

There were a lot less moments where he accidentally tugged at a knot in her hair, which he, admittedly, was incredibly relieved about.

"I've met your family," Isla continued, turning her head up to look at her lover. "Would... you want to meet mine?"

A small smile crept onto Ominis's lips at her question. "I would love to if that's what you wish."

Isla laughed softly, laying her head back down and holding him close. "I do wish," she hummed. "I'm... not with my parents anymore, but you can meet my little sister. I've wrote about you to her."

A light blush crept its way onto Ominis's cheeks, a flattered chuckle leaving his lips. "Oh really? You've written about me? All good things I hope." He teased softly.

Isla rolled her eyes playfully. "No, Omi, I told her you're the rudest person I've ever met and I wish you'd die in a hole."

The blond gasped mockingly at her words. "You want me to die in a hole!? Isla, darling, that's cruel—"

The girl laughed in infuriation at his teasing, playfully flicking his shoulder and squishing herself further onto him. "You're so lucky I love you, Gaunt, or I think I'd strangle you."

"Who says I'm against that?"

In retaliation to his comment, Isla snatched a pillow and smacked him with it – a mix of groans and laughter leaving his lips at her action.

He grabbed onto her forearms and tried to keep her arms away from him.

"That was quite disrespectful, Isla, I'm shocked—"

Isla let out a laugh, leaning her weight against him with an entertained look. "Oh would you like to see disrespectful, Ominis Marvolo Gaunt?"

He gaped at her mockingly. "How dare you pull the middle name out on me! That's quite unfair, I don't know yours."

Isla hummed softly as she looked down at him. "It's Lorraine."

A gentle smile crept onto Ominis's lips. "Isla Lorraine Gaunt." he hummed. "Pardon me – Jones."