18|| The Lunch Meet Pt.2

Lilac Carter

"By the way Lilac... You don't look like a korean but your fluency in Korean is soo good..." (Currently they are actually having the convo in Korean... But ofc you and me don't know korean so it's in English, but just assume that it's korean) Jungkook's mom asked making everyone look at me. I gulped the food in my mouth before i started speaking.

"My mom is korean and my dad is American... So I'm American-Korean... When i was around 9 or 10, we shifted to Seoul becuz of my mom. So basically at home we speak in Korean.." i explained and they all nod their heads in sync.

Few minutes passed by and we all are our food in silence... Appreciating and savoring the taste and the quality of the dishes.

I looked up at Mr. And Mrs. Jeon and it looked like they were having a staring compitition.. Not understanding the situation i hit Jungkook's arm with my elbow, making him rub the spot while faking the pain.

"What?" He asked making a whiney face..

"What's with them?" I whispered and Jungkook looked at his parents.. They were looking at each other as if they were speaking with their eyes.

"Ahh... That's nothing... They are talking with each other.." he said and started eating again like it wasn't anything.

"What do you mean?" I question him again and he sighed. Bringing his face closer so he can whisper.

"They do talk to each other like this... You can say that this is a kind of telepathic connection... Now imma tell you what they are talking—" he said and cleared his throat.

"Appa- But Yeobo she isn't fully korean... Jungkook's the first child." He said faking deep voice like his father.

"Eomma- but jaagiiiii... She's soo good in  korean.. she's half korean... Her attitude and personality is fit for someone like Jungkook!" Jungkook mimicked his mom's thin feminine voice and i looked more keenly at their expressions. It actually looked like they were actually arguing on that topic.

"Appa- fine...but—"

"Eomma- no buts! I want Lilac as my daughter in law...That's it..." And Mr.Jeon broke his eye contact with Mrs.Jeon and cleared his throat. Jungkook sat properly and Mr.Jeon started speaking.

"So... Lilac... We are really happy and grateful to have you as our daughter in law... But we also have to make sure that your parents are happy with this marraige... So when can we meet them..?" The last line made the small smile on my face drop. Jungkook noticed this but before he could say something i started speaking.

"Mr.Jeon... I'm as grateful as you to get an another family like yours... But i only have ond request to make.." i studied his face and continued when he nodded.

"Please don't bring my parents into anything... Might be discussion of wedding venue or the dates... Please don't ask them... I don't want my parents into the marraige preparations...  They will only attend it as a guest." I said... Some of my words stuttering thinking i might have to answer few questions... But they left me in a shock when the asked nothing about it.

"You must have a reason to say that child... But don't worry.. i will take the role of your mom and will take care of you." She said with a warm smile. The smile was enough for me to feel the warmth she was radiating... The warmth that i never felt with my mom.