CHAPTER 120: Let's go

"Hello?"

["Rosé Han."]

From the other line was a woman’s soft voice. Rosé Han knew this voice very well and the reason for this call. Her lips curl upwards and she decides to play along.

"Son Chaeyoung."

["Hahah, I knew you wouldn’t forget about me!"]

"What can I help you with?"

["Ahem. I called because I know who’s blocking my hacker from accessing the cctvs in Korea."]

"Your point is?"

Rosé Han didn’t feel like playing along anymore. She was never one who likes to beat around the bush.

["Rosé, as your friend, please don’t get involve. We have everything under control and we already have someone on the case. You just arrived in Korea, you wouldn’t—"

"Junkyu is involved."

["..."]

"Detective Son, you can handle this matter in your own way, as I to mine."

["Rosé, you cant—"] *beep*

Rosé Han ends the call without letting Son Chaeyoung finish. She was running out of time... no, Junkyu was running out of time.

Any minute lost can be a life at lost.

"Boss, are you—"

Rosé Han glance at Jeon Jungkook, her expression indifferent and murderous. She knows what he’s thinking. Even if she doesn’t want to get involve, Junkyu was taken.

Remembering how those hooligans beat up Junkyu, the raging devil inside Rosé Han rises. Those who lay a finger on her loved ones must pay the price.

"Let’s go."

She strides out of her office with Jeon Jungkook and Byun Baekhyun quickly following behind her.

As they walk to the parking lot, Byun Baekhyun was very curious as to who the man Junkyu tried to save was. He leans closer to Jeon Jungkook and whispers,

"Jungkook, who’s the guy? How do you know him and I don’t?"

Hearing the question, Jeon Jungkook rolls his eyes at Byun Baekhyun then his expression turns serious.

"His name is Haruto, an employee at Jade Condos."

___

Inside the study room of the Park Household, Park Jimin sat with his master supreme poker face.

He had left Jade Condos to come here because his old man had said it was very important.

And indeed, it was important.

"Will you be able to get your team and solve this?"

Park Jimin leans leisurely against the chair. He cross his arms over his chest and ponder at his father’s questions.

Will he be able to solve it?

Did his old man forget who he was asking the question to? When was there ever anything he, Park Jimin could not do?

"How long?"

"They’ve given you 24 hours."

Hearing this, Park Jimin nod his head, then he looks at the current time; 3:37pm.

It seems he won’t be able to keep his words when he left Jade Condos... This was something serious that he needs to do...

Park Jimin looks at his father, then he stands up, "I’ll have this finish within 7 hours."

Walking out of the study room, he didn’t see the stunned expression on Old Park's face.

Old Park was very shocked, this was a serious matter and his son said he’d get it done in 7 hours? Good lord, what does his son have in mind?!

Outside, Park Jimin heads to his car and calls Kim Taehyung.

["Kim Taehyung! Ready for duty!"]

"Commence Wolf Team."

["Sir yes sir!!"]

Ending the call, Park Jimin gets into his car and drives away into the distance. He needs to get this problem solved so he can return to her.

She was waiting for him.

Stepping on the accelerator, his car vrooms faster into his next designated place.

————

As the sun slowly sets, emitting rays of gold and orange lights onto Seoul, Jeon Jungkook's black BMW moves amongst the streets.

Rosé Han sat in the rear seat, while Jeon Jungkook drove and Byun Baekhyun sat in the passenger seat.

"What have you found on Haruto?"

"Boss, the kid is very normal. Like extremely normal. He has no records of any arrest or has ever broke law. However, from the informations I just gathered, a few days ago, Haruto's father was tricked by some men into borrowing money to pay for Haruto's college fees. Now, those people want the money back."

Rosé Han pursed her lips, Haruto was a very sweet boy who works at Jade Condos. She knew about his life’s struggle from their little chat the other day... so it seems, he lied to her. He wasn’t working more shifts to pay for his college tuition, but for the debt his father created....

Not only were innocent people involve, even Junkyu was pulled in. Thinking of how innocent lives were at stake, Rosé Han's eyes darken more than they already were.

"What else?"

"Haruto made a report at the police station yesterday. It seems his parents are missing. I hacked into all his accounts, this morning he received an email from an unknown IP address threatening him to find 10 billion yuan or he’ll be collecting his parents bodies to bury."

Rosé Han frown hearing Byun Baekhyun's report. If Haruto went to the police to claim a missing persons case, how did things end up like this?

"What did the police say?"

"I’m not sure. Camera footages shows he went to the police station yesterday and this morning, but nothing happened. No one did anything."

Rosé Han sneers at her subordinate’s words, "Seems like I need to have a talk with Yeye about the police force in Seoul."

Turning to look out the window, she leans back on the seat, "Continue."

She knows Byun Baekhyun has more to report. His hacking skills are on pair with Jeon Jungkook's.

Put them together in a room full of computer and they can definitely dominate the computer world. Hacking to them was like eating a piece of cake.