Chapter 10

I cried through the whole night despite of the anger filling me completely. I couldn't stop thinking about how blindly I dared to trust him....
And he was doing this!
Next morning, i managed to get up and got ready for my classes. I reached a little early to school that day. I took the last second seat of the last row....i hoped that it would be somewhat better to hide myself in that place. Ross came in. He stood by the door and shifted his eyes quickly across the room as if to find someone..Me.. I quickly bent down pretending to pick up something......but.....these excuses don't work for a high school kid afterall!
He found me , and came to sit beside me in the corner. I pretended to take out my Pride and prejudice, and read through... After like 4 minutes, he took the book and flipped it upside down, and only then did i notice that i was reading the book , inverted :)
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing"
"The third row girl shifted to last row corner, in an empty class, for no reason?"
I nodded in agreement.
"Alex or Riri? Who?"
I looked into his eyes while water pooled in mine. My eyes were already puffy from the pressure it handled last night. Ross wiped a drop on my cheek, with his thumb.
"Let's get out of the class a lil early today"
I nodded in agreement.
I couldn't concentrate through all the lectures i tried to, and kept zoning out with each time Ross snapping his fingers as if he was somehow trying to prevent me from fainting off.
As the last bell rang to mark the end of the day, Ross helped me get up and move out. We went to the park.....where everything started....
After i sat on the bench facing the lake, Ross brought a sandwich from the shop across the park and offered it to me.
"Have this. You like like a rag"
"I can't. I don't have the energy to chew through the whole piece"
"Fine. Have a bite first, I'll wait until you complete that and have the next one while you speak out whatever you have learned by now about them"
Why was he being so patient with me? Ross and i were friends. But he was being someone,i needed and wanted without me asking him to be like that or trying to explain him what i want. Anxiety was creeping in me again. Ross suddenly took my hand and said,
"It's okay. You are safe with me, everything you share is safe with me. Please don't panic. I'll do anything you want, to have you trust me as a safe place"
Okay.
"He forgot to logout of insta last week, and yesterday i felt like surfing through the pending notifications, when Fred's and Riri's text caught my eyes".
He shifted a little. He knows.
"Hm...Then?"
I went on explaining everything i saw and read in the chat of both.
By the time i finished.... I was out of my breath, broken again from the fresh pain i felt last night.
Ross suddenly went down to his knees in front of me.
"Anna.. i need you to understand that you are safe with me. Everything you are sharing, it's absolutely safe.. however, i am sorry to you for not surfacing up everything i knew from day 1. Alex wasn't serious with you, all he ever wanted was your taste. I have tried to make him realise how wrong he is but he didn't throw a fit and now instead he had distanced himself from me, claiming that i was too moralistic by nature and that i am not anymore worth to get along with."
"I know that."
"Do you forgive me?"
"No"
"Can you give me a chance to prove myself?"
With that he took my hand and with and gave me a smile of assurance.