Chapter 49

I have never seen Ross this way before. The idea that even he can ever in his life get angry, is still like ...... unbelievable.

"No. I am not. Alex found out about the fact that we were making up the whole drama and .... and...i couldn't....lie on his face...." even my confidence takes a step back.... now.

"He touched you again and you let that happen, didn't you?"  he grinds his teeth against each other, hardly letting the air escape along with the words.

I don't say anything anymore and instead nod to his question.

"Wow" he finally let's his mouth open , making the word sound more focussing and toned.

"Why are you reacting like this?" I finally dare to ask him.... confusion and nervousness leaving my body instantly.

He doesn't say a word anymore and just stares into my eyes.
His face is expressionless......or maybe too cold to even describe. He isn't angry anymore. He is just.... quiet.

I too stare back at his cold face, trying my best to read his eyes and guess about the energy he is gonna tap on.

A few minutes pass like this. None of us shifts even half an inch from our position.
I finally break the glued position and take a step towards him in an attempt to snap him back to reality and that's when his body takes a step back in the instant reflex.

" DO NOT " Ross mouths me emphasizing each word with an extra pressure.

Before i could say anything, Ross walks to the other side of the bed and takes the shirt off the corner of the almirah and storms out of the room slamming the door right on my face.

I jerk back at the sound of the loud thomp of the door connecting the rim of the frame.

So.... this is Ross.

I wasn't wrong afterall. All men are same. Their method of approach maybe different but at the end, the minute you do something not according to their expectations, they always end up in their monstrous version.

I am absolutely taken aback by the sudden shift of air in the room. I am unable to move , unable to speak, unable to react to the actions happening right in front of me.

It's been more than 5 minutes, i am still glued to my position. The door knob finally clicks and he enters the room.

His hair is wet.....he was under the shower.....in the middle of the night in the ice cold water. He is completely dressed....the shirt is completely buttoned up. He walks up to the dressing table and combs his hair as fast as possible and then walks around the bed to pick his bag up and packs up everything.

"Where are you going?" I finally manage to ask...though my voice sounding comparatively timid.

He doesn't respond to my question and walks up to the mirror one more time before leaving.
He doesn't say a word anymore and just leaves me standing blankly in the centre of the room with no explanation of what just happened right now.

Okay. Cool. Ross.