Chapter 31

Ross doesn't shift even a little. I lay my head still on his shoulder throughout the way till my home.

"Here we are" Ross says.

He climbs out of the car and lends his hand out to me to help me come out of the car. I am not this weak, i know......i can handle myself....but he seems to be extra cautious about me which.....makes my stomach flutter.

I walk up to the door and he follows me behind carrying the bags. Mom gave the key to him, so he opens the door and I am taken aback by the appearance inside. Ross's body language turns tensed when he sees the same.
The couches are moved from the position some being torn. The vass and the front canvas painting is in pieces. The flowers in the vass are scattered everywhere. Looking to the left the kitchen counter is a massacre. Dishes scattered in pieces. The doors of the cupboard are left open. I take a step inside. There's the stinking smell of the blood which says that the whole damn situation has happened in the morning.

I look back to Ross and find confusion and fear and tension all making through his face in the front. I give a knowing nod to him. He asks whether I am sure to enter into this. I nod in agreement and step inside my house.

"Seems you are aware of this massacre" Ross claims.
I nod.
"Is this.....i mean...." He doesn't finish the sentence.
"Yes"
"Oh"

I make my way up to my room and Ross follows behind. He settles the bags on the window counter. I open my sandals and go to stand on the other window. Ross asks if he can use the washroom to splash some water and freshen up. I nod and he leaves. It's cloudy outside and pretty dark. I lift the glasses of the window to let the air in. The cold air hits me and something shifts.... It feels good.... calming......

Is Alex even the least concerned? Has he contacted me? Or at least tried? But if he did..... someone would have let me know......Ross said he hasn't spoken to him since the last four five days. So....this is it....this is how it works....i am literally nothing to him. It doesn't make a difference whether I stay or leave.

I let out a sigh and tears roll down. Why do I have to suffer like this? Why? He was the one to ask me out and not me!!! Why the fuck do I have to feel this way? I can't take this, there needs to be a solution....and since he didn't contact me that means he is least cared for whether I am alive or dead. I won't contact him anymore. This is the end for us.

A hand touches my shoulder. I turn to find Ross is his wet messy hair and shirtless... displaying his tight torso in earth tone skin colour while he is only in his jeans. I was so lost in my thoughts, that i didn't hear him come. I stare at him trying to figure out what exactly i am supposed to do or say. He rubs the water off my cheek with his thumb. He is so damn hot..... and we are this close......i...he.... something is different.....

"Ross .."
"Did you decide?"
"Hm"
"You know what I am talking about right?"
"Hm"
"This is the final right?"
"Yes. I am done" i say looking down.
"Anna...." his tone changes.
"Anna, can I hug you?"

I am surprised. I thought he would..... And here he is asking me? To hug? Seriously?

He leans to me to hug. I hug him back. He stands there in that way. I can feel his stomach muscles clench beneath my skin. I know.

He was about to move away when I stop him.
"Ro.."
I am stopped even before I could finish the word. Ross crashes his lips against mine. His warm tongue feeling and fitting in perfect synchrony with my tongue. Fuck.

He grabs me by my waist and pulls closer to him. Our eyes shut. My stomach flutters. I grab his neck and move my hand to grab a fistful of hair and pull them. He moans inside my mouth. I swallow them while my other hand trails down all the way from his neck down his spinal cord till his waist. His tight wet muscles move with my touch voluntarily. He bites my lower lip while pulling a bunch of loose strands of my hair back . Oh god. It's been seconds....or minutes......i don't know. 

Ross moves away suddenly and we both grasp for air.