Chapter 60

I enter the room assigned to us and I am taken aback by the view. It's a seaside resort. I have the  complete sea view, right in front of me. The light waves are falling in the perfect rhythm over the surface of the sea and beach lining. The rain has comparatively slowed down.

I open the window and the cold air immediately hits me. There's something different in the air. It smells good. As if.... someone has sprinkled flower petals all over the area and the breeza is doing the job of picking up the scent and spreading it into the further radius.

I sit on the rim of the window and position my leag on the shutter, allowing my whole body to feel the fresh cold air and giving myself the more spacious access to the beautiful smell of the air. 
I know I am happy.....but something feels constantly different. A gut feeling of something not.... good......I don't know honestly. I don't understand about it also. All i have is.....a feeling of.....the end. End. As if, life is showing me all the things I wanted , all the affections i craved for, all the events of life i imagined should happen serially... everything is on the very perfect track, and maybe....this road is about to end and that's exactly why everything has fallen into track.

I feel my eyes turning heavy. I know it's the glow beach and night and darkness is all i am waiting for to go out in.
But I am too tired. In fact the train journey has did nothing but add on to the tiredness. I barely have any energy left.

I get down from the window and walk to my bed. I literally jump on the fluffy cozy cushion bed like a crackhead. Godddddd thissss is soooo sooofttttttt.
I roll over to the other side and position myself on the pillow. It's been so long since I have slept on something like thisss.

I take my phone out and open WhatsApp.
Notifications flood in, as soon a si switch on the cellular data icon.
I scroll down the screen, and stop at two consecutive names.
There's a group of the name 'Maryyyy, we comee' . I click on the participants section and see it's a class group. Steph added me.

I open the GC, and scroll through the messages.
What?
Mary island?
Trip?
A fucking school trip?
Seriously???

Excitement rushes through me. Sleep and tiredness immediately leaves my body and i jump out of the bed. I quickly put on my sandals and almost rush out of my room to mom's. I knock on the door once, but don't get any response from the other side. I turn the door knob and enter the room.

She is asleep.

I look at her, all crumbled up under the blanket. I walk towards her and stand in front of her headboard. She is sleeping peacefully.
I know this isn't different or new ...but ......
She looks ..... somehow cute.... peacefully sleeping.

I decide not to disturb her, so I just tip toe myself , out of the room.