Chapter 48

I am still staring at Ross. There was nothing i would have said to him. His moves, his actions , his way of approach, each step he is taking, everything he is doing, every expression he is showing, all the affection he is displaying.... everything....

Should I say him? Should I share what's going on inside my mind?  But.... he'll start searching for scopes to get close.....

"Anna" Ross suddenly snaps in front of me again.

"Yes?" I say picking up the coffee mug.

"What did I do? Why are you being so rude and distant?" Ross catches me off guard saying this.

I was expecting everything but this from Ross. After all the things he did and all these hours of me shutting my mouth up to avoid all the conversations, he comes up to me with this?

"No I am fine. Nothing is wrong. I am absolutely normal." I say in an attempt to end the conversation and turn to get up and move away ......to anywhere....away from him.

I get up from the chair, just when the cold wind hits my face allowing the loose strands of hair to move freely with the air waves.
Ross holds my hand and pulls lightly in an attempt to stop me.

I know I shouldn't be intimidated by the gentle touch of his rough hands.....but ..... I can't resist them either!

I look back at Ross sitting on the chair staring at me with confusion prominently making an expression on his face.

He gets up and takes a step towards me....his hands still glued to mine.

" Anna trust me, I was worried about you and Alex. After all these days , you decided to meet him , which i don't know how it actually ended like...." he takes a pause and continues " Anna , I was scared...." he stops and looks into my eyes for.... permission.....to continue his speech.

I don't nod or say a word and instead lift my left  eyebrow at him, clenching my jaw. He is the one to say....and yet the most tensed person in this room is me!? WOW.

" I was scared that...you might have....again got back to him..." he stutters.

Here it is. Fuck you Ross.

" I did actually." I say, cutting him off abruptly.

I watch his expression....change. CHANGE.

His eyes enlarge in response to the shocked expression. Both of his eyebrows lift upwards. His lips part slightly. The confusion disappears completely.

"What?" He finally speaks after a pause for more than 40 seconds.

"Yes. I and Alex are back together" I elaborate on my statement a little more.

The shock slowly disappears.... the eyes turn cold. The pupils dilate sharply. His jaw now clenches. The breathing has now increased. I know if I put my ears on his chest , I'll be able to hear his heart beat out of the cage.

"Anna. TELL ME. YOU. ARE. KIDDING" he mouths and presses his teeth on each word.

He is fuming with anger and is trying his best to control himself. FUMING? Ross is fuming at me?

I am ....indeed surprised....