Chapter 51

I walk into the classroom without looking up. An attempt to avoid anyone's face to face conversation.....and.......THEM......
I don't go to the last row and instead ask Steph whether I can join her today or not. To my surprise she sweetly shifts to the other side leaving enough space for me to take a seat.
I look into my phone once again before switching it off. Nothing Anna. Not a single notification.

I keep the phone inside the secret chamber of my bag and just put my head down on the table.... again in an attempt to avoid any kind of conversation.
A few minutes into this posture and I feel myself drifting off....into sleep.... The class hasn't started yet so I might well have a nap now. I take a deep breath and shut my eyes close.

The noise starts slowly fading away. I can think but I am not awake. Am i asleep? No then how can I think or talk? But I am not talking.

Anna.
Annaa.

Did someone call me? No. I guess.

Anna?

Annaaaa!!

I open my eyes lazily and everything is blurred in front of me ..... everyone is quiet.
Quite? What?
I rub my eyes and look up once again to find Ms. Caesar standing with her hands crossed and folded at the level of her bust, in front of me. I look around myself and see everyone staring at me .

Shit.

I slept.

"I...I am sorry mam." I stutter nervously and stand up.
"You should have stayed back at home if you think that I come here for a meditation class instead of teaching so you can peacefully sleep your ass off" she says in frustration as usual.

I can reply to her back but I won't. I don't have the energy to argue.
She waits a few more seconds before getting back to the teacher's desk and resumes the class.
I look around and my eyes lock with.........Ross.

He is staring back at me....with the same old expression of being.....cold.... He didn't shift his eyes, yet....but...he isn't..... normal.....

Steph pulls my skirt lightly to make me sit. I look at him one last time before turning my face away and focus on her lecture.

I was drawn in to her explanation of how much is the term 'culture' effective over today's generation....what are their perspective of accepting the term.
After a few minutes, a voice stops Ms. Caesar.

" I would say, ancient terms and norms of setting certain standards to get the validation of following 'culture' is actually baseless " Ross says out of blue....which is .... pretty much unlike of his nature.

I know he is pointing out me ..... provoking me.

He knows very well , how much find I am , for certain ancient norms and practices and stories involving such rituals and stuffs.

I quickly raise my hand.

"Yes, Ms. Anna? You wanna join?" she asks me mockingly.

"Actually i would love to. I gues today's generation doesn't look for the reasons of a particular action taken up. If there is some common ritual which has been followed down by everyone through all the ages without anyone having a single doubt or question about the same, then one should understand that there must be some explanation or reason of such thing." I say and look at him once.

"Okay, that's something definitely to be counted on. You want to say anything against the statement? Ross?" Ms. Caesar asks.

He takes a deep breath and nods....

Yes. Let's see. Who wins the bloody game.