Chapter 12

Sunday.

Ross accompanied me to the physics lecture as usual. We were laughing about Jay's pant wet during the class hours, when we both glanced at Riri standing elevated at a sass angle leaning on the door of the class, wearing a mini skirt with her hips almost visible, and a crop top laced at the sleeves, hair tied up in a high ponytail. She was a socialite, of course, but her dark complexion would often dim her very casual appearance if she ever came out without a minimum concealer make up. However she was very confident in her body language, so at the end of the day, she really wasn't ever highlighted regarding her complexion by any one.
We stopped laughing. Ross and i quickly glanced over each other and gave a nod knowing how we were supposed to act from here on.

"Hey, love birds"
"Says who" I winked at her as if it was so funny.
"Nah, Ross didn't yet glance over me, so I'll assume his eyes are still stuck on you deep cleavage cut tank top." She smacked on my back playfully.
Ross was about to cuss her out but i gave a lil squeeze on his palm, so he stopped.
"Had any word with Alex?" I asked
"Of course! I speak to him each and every single day. That lad won't let me sleep if i don't talk to him at least for an hour" she spoke with her voice full of excitement, as if she couldn't stop bragging about him being so drawn in towards her presence in his life.

I could feel my cheeks heat up, and my lacrimal glands release it's secretion slowly in pressure. Thanks to Ross who immediately shifted the topic and pushed me pretending he stumbled on to something. I quickly gained my consciousness. We went inside the class and all throughout i focussed on the lecture and sat right beside Ross and avoided Riri as much as possible it was. Mr. Franklin had something important to deal with, so he asked us to leave early today so he could conclude the class.

Stepping out of the entrance, Riri caught hold of my hand.
"What?"
"Where are you going? Alex's home is this way"
"No i won't meet him today. I have a few assignments left over, will have to complete them."
Riri pulled me towards her.
"Assignments can wait. Chatting can't" she laughed and dragged me along with her. I glanced over my shoulder to Ross, and gave a safe nod.
On our way to his home, she was saying so many things, which i didn't listen at all and kept quiet. We went upto Alex's room. He was in his bermuda only. Seeing us he quickly changed into the white tshirt which was lying on the floor. His room....a complete mess as usual.
Riri and Alex greeted each other like they met after so long and were missing each other terrifically.  I, on the other hand was non existent almost until, Alex's mom came up with two glasses of water and greeted me from behind. She asked me all sorts of casual formal whereabouts about myself. It was almost 7 minutes, i was by the door of Alex's room with his mom, while Riri was leaning by the wardrobe, beside Alex's bed. Suddenly Riri said,
"Ar least shift a little, you idiot. I have been standing for so long" she was about to smack on Alex's back when.........

Alex caught her hand and pulled her towards him swirling her round and made her sit on his lap, and kissed her cheeks.

WHAT

WHAT THE FUCK

WHAT WAS THAT JUST NOW?

HE DID THAT RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME?

I went numb for a second. Soon tears pooled in my eyes and i felt the heat radiating off. All i wanted was to beat the shit out of him and her right at that moment. Seeing such a gesture, even his mom went awkward and hurried to leave the room. I didn't know what to do.

WHAT DID HE JUST DO? HOW COULD HE.....