Chapter 63

It's been a few hours, I am here. Mom has called thrice. So i finally wipe my face and start walking back to the resort.
My phone beeps.

Alex.

"Tuesday, we are leaving. I made the seat for both of us to sit together."  the message read.

Yeah. Before the trip, I am gonna give you the best pre trip gift.

I don't reply to him and walk back to the resort. On the gate, I see mom waiting with her hands crossed. I walk up to her.

"We are the only ones left for dinner. Where were you? It's literally past 10? You weren't receiving calls, this isn't a common area , Anna. What if you had faced any problem?" she bombards her question list at me.

I don't say a word and just walk into the dining area. Mom follows me.
Dinner gets served in no time, and it's literally prominent that they have been waiting for us to finish our set of the food.

After completing the dinner, we walk back to our rooms. Mom unlocks her door and i follow her inside.

"What's wrong?" she asks suddenly.

"I need to talk to you" I say....in a flat tone.

I sit on the bed. She joins me.

"Mom, i need to get back by Sunday. So we need to leave tomorrow morning"  I say to her without hesitating.

" But why? " she asks.
" We are going on a school trip on Tuesday to Mary island. " I say and show her the group chat.

"Oh okay" she doesn't ask any questions about what I said. She just simply agrees.....which again surprises me.

I nod and get up from.the bed to leave her room.
She has been too good lately. Too perfect. Is it normal? I guess it is. It's been a month since she has been behaving like this. Too good too perfect. I don't know what's her intention but slowly I am starting to believe this side of hers.

I really hope she doesn't turn out into something else just like everyone else. I can't take in any more coloured faces. I can't.

I switch off the lights and pull over the blanket. My eyes are already heavy, so body doesn't take any time in making me sleep.

Alex. Don't. Alex don't. Please don't go. Please don't go. Please.

The light fades. It's dark everywhere. I don't have anyone anymore to hold onto. I am lost. Where am I?

I wake up again, breathing hard. What was it? The same dream? What was it? What is this feeling? I check my mobile, it's 4:42 am.

Why am I seeing the same dream? The same feeling of death? The same way? The same feeling of getting drowned?
I push away the gut feeling and lie down again. I won't let the voices take over my sleep now.

With that, i doze off.....