Chapter 39

I walk inside the house slowly trying my best not to make a sound, not until I have washed the blood up or mom's gonna create a scene.

"You are late again"

Shit.

I was about to take a step on the staircase without her noticing it, and yet she stopped me. And now she is gonna start creating a mess out of this.

I don't say anything and instead just turn to face her and stand....my feet killing me with the pain. The blood was now overflowing and the drops were leaving the trail behind as i walked up to her.

"I am sorry, I just" I am cut by her voice.
" Where the hell did that happen? How the hell did that happen?" She screamed at me shaking my shoulder with her one hand. I was too caught up in the exaggerated pain I was feeling at my feet as if the whole skin was slowly peeling off and was being pulled open, for the air to hit the wound.

"I...I got into an accident. I am sorry" i say almost in a whisper, my voice ditching my pretentious confidence in th moment.
"ACCIDENT?!?!?!?!" she makes an extra effort to pronounce the word in utter surprisement and drops her jaw to add to her expression.

It's evident that she is barely concerned of the wound, yet she has to put this show up now. She could have at least asked me to sit down or wash the blood up, instead of taking pen point details of where,how,why,when? Everything is just too much too digest in right now. First Ross then Alex , then the shit game he played, the accident and now her drama. Hofffffff.

She has been asking and saying a few many things for the last few minutes to which I barely paid any attention. So she finally snaps her fingers in front of my eyes to get me back to her track of words instead of talking to the voices inside my head.

"I am asking something to you!!!!!! answer me!!!!!!!" She gets furious.
"Mum, can i please wash this up and sit and talk with you after that? It hurts....too much" I say , avoiding my eyes to meet hers so that she doesn't notice the tears threatening to let loose.
"Yeah ofc, you need a few minutes to make a story cover for your action, so this is a perfect excuse indeed" she says sarcastically and shrugs.

Oh great.

I don't say anything to her and turn to walk up to my room. I'll need to wipe the blood off the floor and staircase asap or it'll be the frosting to the cake she will be preparing to throw at me. I walk into my room and put down the bag and sit down on the bed.
The bloody feet can wait for now. Either way I'll have to clean up the stains on the floor and carpet.So a lil blood on the bed won't really make any difference.

My eyes shift to the sky outside. The clouds are forming a cluster and the sky is getting dark. It's about to rain.
Why does he always have to do this? Why can't for once be a normal himan? Why can't he be pure and transparent to me???? Why do we always have to be in this cat and mice game he plans on playing with me?

Tears roll down my cheeks. I don't even try to stop or wipe them. I am hurt. Physically and mentally. And yet I don't know which one hurts more.

Maybe that's the reason it is said,

Things we keep unfinished , words we leave unsaid and the love we keep unexpressed , is what, hurts the most.