Chapter 40

It's been more than 20 mins since I haven't moved from my position. The bedsheet is almost completely stained. The rain has been ranging from low to high for quite a few minutes now.
I startle at the loud thump and knock on my door. Another knock follows within a big gap of 0.1 seconds.

Mom.

"Annaaaa???"" She screams from the other side of the door.

I get up from the bed and and manage to take small steps till the door and open it. Her furious expression comes in my line of vision. I know what's following this.....

"You said you would clean up.amd come down. What on earth are you exactly cleaning? Your whole body?Or are you taking a shower in the antiseptic itself?" She mouths.

Before I could say anything, she pushes the door to open wider and walks past me into the room.
Fuck no. Shit.

I immediately turn back to see her steps glued in a distance from the bed. She is quite. Her eyes are literally fixed on the bed sheet.

Fuck it Anna. Fuckkkkkk.

I scream in my mind trying to come up with some or any damn excuse. And that's exactly when my mind ditches me paralysing my power to make up excuses. I stand next to her staring at the floor beneath.

"Ms. Anna Young" she says in the coldest possible voice ringing my ears in a perfect vibration to form the image of upcoming storm.

I look up to find her staring at me.

"Who's house do you think you are in? Do you care to explain?" she increases her volume a bit.

I know this tone. I know the violence behind this tone. She isn't gonna scream or cause a scene. She is going to hit me or throw every metallic thing she finds right in the radius of her hand, in an attempt to hit me and make me bleed. This shouldn't be happening now. This cannot happen now. I cannot take in her physical blows with this condition.

"I, i... I am sorr...I'm ......I am sorry,mo"  I stutter to say and her palm connects with my cheek bone before I complete the sentence.

" This is your father's house. You do not pay a single penny to stay or eat or sleep in here. Every single step you take, every single breath you take, every single thing you do has to have a reason with it because you are answerable to your actions. You know this right?" she raised her pitch.

" You faced an accident, that is not the concern anymore. You came home late, and you haven't gave me an explanation for the same. You faced an accident and you still don't have a proper explanation for the same. And then, I come up to your room to find this mess on your bedsheet?????" She says and points at the stained sheet.

" I'll give you exactly 20 minutes from now. You need to clean up the whole mess, get your room dressed properly, wash yourself up and get properly dressed and clean all the blood you have perfectly stamped your footsteps with on the staircase and the balcony, from the living room till your room." She says and turns.

"Ross will be joining us for dinner. I invited him over here" she says and waits.

Wow mother. Wow.

She waits for my response and hardly a minute passes without me making a sound, she turns again.

"Now get to work you fucked up bitch" she says and pushes me hard.

Unable to bear the pain, I loose my balance and stumble on the carpet and fall on the floor....my foot hitting the corner of the bed perfectly sending shocks down my spine.

I want to cry, but no. I can't. I need to get a hold of myself before she steps on my feet to make this a burning hell for me.

I wish the accident didn't really happen to the leg and instead as a whole clash not allowing me to survive.