27. Apologies

Rudransh brought Alessa to his penthouse and arranged a hot bath for her as her clothes got wet in the rain.
Right now, she was taking bath when Rudra got a call from Ethan.

He attended the call “Did he reveal something” Rudra asked impatiently

“No. He said he never met them in person and only contacted through phone. And it was a burner phone so it's even more hard to find them.”Ethan said with a sigh giving all the information he collected till now.

“They are so fucking clever. But they forgot who are they messing with. I'll visit him tomorrow.” Rudra said fisting his hand.

"How's Alessa?" Ethan asked with a sigh knowing how hard it is to coax her once she gets angry.

"Still angry" Rudra could just utter these two words.

"Make her understand" Ethan said and cut the call.

On the que, Alessa entered the hall in Rudra's clothes.

Rudra took a look at her and lost his heart again. She was wearing only his shirt while her long legs were full in display. The long sleeves of shirt which she was busy in folding were making her look cute. Loose strands of hairs were still wet making her look ecstatic. Little droplets of water were dropping from her hair to her white shirt making it a little bit transparent and giving a view of her milky skin. Her doe shaped eyes which were now looking at Rudra with a hint of sadness in them crushed his heart.
Rudra unconsciously walked towards her and pulled her by her waist.

“Ab aap hmari jaan lekr hi manogi kya?” Rudra said unconsciously as Alessa furrowed her eyebrows.
(You are killing me.)

Rudra leaned towards her but Alessa moved back and put her hand on his shoulder to push him back. Rudra leaned back and looked at her.

“I am still upset with you, Rudra” Alessa said taking a seat at dining table.

Rudra heaved a sigh and walked towards kitchen. He took the bowl from the kitchen and started serving her the food .

“It was for your safety only” Rudra said while serving food to her.

Alessa didn't reply to him . Rudra finished serving her food and sat beside her with a sulken face.

Alessa looked at him as she took a morsel and forwarded to him.
Rudra looked shocked and happy at the same time.

“Just because we have some issues , it doesn't mean you will stay hungry……” and before Alessa could finish Rudra took the morsel in his mouth from her hand with a smile and kissed her hand.

They later finished their food in silence as Rudra tried to justify while Alessa decided to give him a silent treatment. Alessa and Rudra did the dishes together.

“Isa, our room is in opposite direction.“ Rudra said as he noticed Alessa going towards guest room.

Alessa didn't reply and went to the guest room.
Rudra clenched his jaw and tightened his fist. He tightly closed his eyes and took a deep breath, calming himself.
“You were at fault man” he thought to himself

Alessa couldn't sleep due to the sound of rain. She has already closed all her windows but still the sound of rain drops falling on the glass of window was disturbing her. She closed her eyes tightly and put her face in pillows to stop all these sounds. Suddenly, a loud thunder echoed in the sky making Alessa yelp in fear. She stood up in an instant and ran out of the room. As she opened her door, she found Rudra sitting outside her room on the floor. Alessa's heart skipped a beat on thinking that he was there for her, with her , all this time.