Bonus Chapter 1

Read Author's note at the end.

_________________________________________________

It was 10 at night when Alessa came downstairs as she was craving for some chocolates.

As she entered the kitchen, she saw Mihika and Madhuri cooking something.

"Maa !! dii!!" she called making them turn back and look at her.

"Alessa what are you doing here?" Mihika asked

"I was craving for some chocolates so just came to grab them. But what are you cooking so late at night and why no maid is helping you both?" Alessa asked concerned going inside the kitchen.

"Ohh we are making Sargi. And also we got a bit late tonight so thought to not disturb maids."" Mihika explained to her while grabbing a chocolate from fridge and giving it to her.

"What's sargi?" Alessa asked taking a bite of chocolate after settling at the slab which got cleaned by Mihika for her to sit.

"Sargi is the food we eat before fasting." Madhri said explaining .

"Fasting!! But why are you fasting?? I mean you are both quite fit, you don't need any fasting or diet." She asked with concern clear in her voice.

Mihika and Madhuri laughed at her innocent question.

"It's not a dieting fast but a religious one." Mihika laughed while Alessa made a confused face.

Madhuri covered the sargi "Come with me" She said while Mihika and Alessa followed her to the dining table.

Madhuri put the utensil with sargi on dining table and took a seat while Alessa and Mihika also sat down.

"In ancient time, there was a rule among the Rajputs. After 11 days of dussehra , Kings of kingdom have to attack other kingdom or some other kingdom might attack theirs. So when the man of the kingdom used to go for a war, the wives stays in kingdom and kept fast to please Goddess Parvati to protect their husbands. And then slowly it became a ritual over the entire country. And in modern times, anyone could keep this fast for the long life of their partner. As tomorrow is Karwachauth, Wives and even husbands keep fast without eating or drinking until moon appears at night in sky." Madhuri explained in a much easier language for her to understand .

(P.S: I got to know about this during my history class some years ago. So if you find some mistake feel free to correct it.)

"Then why you didn't tell me? I also want do fast for Rudra." She said with a pout forming on her face.

"It's hard Alessa. You got to eat only once in the morning at around 5 a.m and then you have to stay hungry for all day and not even water."Mihika said worried for her.

"No I want to do that." She insisted like a child.

Mihika and Madhuri tried to make her understand but she didn't budge as she didn't want to miss any ritual which involves her husband or her family.

After a lot of tries from her , Madhuri finally said "Discuss it with Rudra. If he is ok with it then come at sharp 4A.M." Madhuri said knowing well that it's hard to make her understand and they all took leave to their room.

▪️

When Alessa reached her room, she saw Rudra sitting on bed with his back rested on the headboard and legs straight while reading some papers attentively. She went to him and took the papers from his hand putting them on bedside table. She sat on his lap while wrapping her legs on his waist and putting her hands around his neck.

Rudra looked at her with thinned brows and tilted his head sideways "What is it jaan?"

"I need something." Alessa said with a pout.