42. Marriage

HALDI

(Haldi function is mostly done a day before wedding in which a turmeric paste is made and applied to bride and groom's face, neck, hand and feet. It's believed to cleanse couple's body before they enter into holy matrimony and also it protect them from any evil eye.)

The backyard was all decorated with flowers , garlands and lights making it seem perfect for haldi. Mostly everyone was wearing yellow clothes .

Alessa was wearing a yellow saree and flower jwellery were adorning her while Rudra was sitting beside her in Yellow kurta.

Madhuri brought the 2 bowls of Haldi. She asked Mihika to apply Haldi to Rudra and asked Clara to do the same with Alessa.

Once the Haldi was applied on both Alessa and Rudra , the bowl was exchanged and then everyone came to apply Haldi to bride and groom.

Everything was going smoothly until Vedant snd Vivaan got their turn. Vedant went towards Rudra while Vivaan went to Alessa to apply Haldi.

They first took little Haldi in their hands and applied smoothly to their cheeks, hand and legs. As everyone was enjoying , Vedant and Vivaan smirked at each other and on the cue they both hold the bowl full of haldi and poured it whole on both Alessa and Rudransh. And before they could understand , Ethan and Santiago came from behind and poured a bucket full of Haldi mixed with water on Alessa and Rudransh giving them another shock. Others who saw it laughed at the two poor souls with pity. While those two stood up and ran after those 4.

Alessa was finding it hard to run in saree so she asked help from her uncles and cousin who helped her gladly and caught Ethan and Santiago bringing him to her and she rubbed Haldi on their face which lead to Ethan spraying Haldi on others .

Rudransh who was after Vivaan and Vedant caught a bowl of Haldi before standing up and ran after Vedant . He knew it was hard to caught him specially if it's about running so as he got near him he threw the haldi from bowl on him , leading it to land on his hair and making him stop . As he stop Rudransh swiftly ran to him and hold him on his shoulder while Vedant shouted on seeing him approaching pool. And in a matter of seconds, he was in pool.

Now it was turn for Vivaan . He looked around and saw Vivaan hiding behind Leo. He took a haldi bowl and went to him.

"You better give me that traitor." Rudra said to Leo. Before leo could speak, Vivaan screamed.

"But I didn'y even put it on you. Why are you after me?"

"Not me. But you poured it on someone who is much more precious." He said with determination in his eyes.

Leo turned towards Vivaan "Sorry love but he won the argument." and moved out of the way.

Vivaan looked at him in disbelief and found himself floating in air and soon in water.