Chapter 25: Suppressed Memories

Bassilisk gasped loudly at the sudden silence within him. He felt the cold embrace of loneliness that he hasn't felt in a very long time.
Moloch turned to Bassilisk, wondering about his well-being.

-"Everything okay?"- Moloch asked.

Bassilisk's breath was shaky and hesitant. His eyes wandered to the floor but focused on nothing in particular.

-"My Lord, you alright?"- Moloch stood up and slowly walked towards the silver-haired man.

-"Kali...I can't hear Kali."- Bassilisk whispered. -"It's cold..."-

Valac flinched slightly. -"A-Are you certain!?"- She asked, her voice cracking.

-"The Seed...killed her."- Bassilisk rubbed his face with his shaking hands.

Valac began to cry, her whimpers slowly turning into wails of loss. -"It can't be...not Kali!"-

Moloch closed his fist tightly. -"How did they find her?"-

-"The humans in Zamcain mined down to her chamber,"- Bassilisk sighed. -"Turns out Kali was defending herself until they called upon the Seed to rid of her."-

-"So she was murdered..."- Valac silently cussed. -"Sweet, sweet Kali...she never deserved any of this."-

-"Enough, I've had enough of the bitch. This was all Logan's fault! If only he..."- Bassilisk trailed off. He wanted to say that Logan ran away, but that's what he believed, in all reality, however, he didn't know what truly happened to Logan.
Logan wasn't the type of person to just get up and leave, betraying them after all the training. Bassilisk trained him better than that, Logan knows better than that.

-"Moloch, bring Logan to me, Valac, bring the seed as well, both alive..."-

Moloch and Valac looked at each other, confused at Bassilisk's request.

-"What do you have in mind, My Lord?"- Valac asked.

-"Logan has become a threat to us and his influence in the Seed--which should have given us the advantage--is causing our extinction."- Bassilisk raised his hand to his chin.

-"But, by Ariel's words, the Seed has also been rebelling against Elohim, Logan and the Seed have no side, they just kill, and for what? What is their purpose?"- Moloch pondered further.

-"Freedom or conscientiousness..."- Valac suddenly said. Moloch and Bassilisk glanced at her.

-"Just my intuition...but for what it looks like, Logan wants to be free, and the Seed hates higher power and questions its rule, making her a rebel...or an insubordinate. Both of them combined could be the end of both Fallen and Celestian domination..."-

-"Valac, Logan has amnesia, I think...I don't think he is doing this out of spite for us. I think the Seed knows of his condition and is exploiting it to gain victory over us once and for all."- Moloch argued.

-"Since when does Logan get amnesia? He's had multiple head injuries throughout the thousands of years of training and he gets amnesia now? Think about it, what could've caused Lord Bassilisk's most powerful warrior to just...forget?"- Valac asked.

All three stood quiet for a couple of seconds, finding an answer among the speculations.

-"Moloch, has Logan ever mentioned anything to you? Anything at all that might help us find an answer?"- Bassilisk tilted his head slightly.

-"...Not that I know of, My Lord."- Moloch choked. Bassilisk narrowed his eyes, suspicious of his second in command.

-"Well..."- Moloch whispered. -"He was, for a while, obsessed with Solomon, he was investigating him and who he was. I genuinely don't know why but it was every day, twenty-four-seven."- He ended.

Bassilisk's eyes widened. -"Where and how did he get the information?"-

Moloch shrugged and shook his head. -"Maybe the Library of Kadessa?"-
Bassilisk laughed and brushed him off. -"I burned that place to the ground when we took over, there's no way he could've --"- Bassilisk trailed off for a second before resuming. -"No, why would he want to know who Solomon is?"-

-"Well, My Lord, he is his father after all, even though he doesn't know it...yet."- Valac mentioned.

-"Yeah, but the bitch we kept locked up was his mother and he never had the need to investigate her."- Bassilisk argued, trying to find any other possible explanation for Logan's obsession.

-"Perhaps it was his human side, Solomon is his Abaddon side, a significantly stronger side since Solomon was the King of the Abaddon until you, My Lord, claimed it."- Valac explained.

All three remained quiet again. Tension built as Bassilisk became angrier and impatient.

-"Before you go, Moloch, go into Logan's chamber, snoop around, and see if you can find anything. Then hunt him down."-

Moloch sighed and bowed. -"Yes, My Lord."-

-"Valac, go and get the Seed for me, dead or alive. And make sure she is alone when you do so."- Bassilisk commanded.
-"We can't afford to lose you too like the others."- He ended.

Both Fallen exited the Throne room, leaving Bassilisk alone with his thoughts.

-"This will all be over when Logan is sealed and the Seed is dead."-

________________________~

-"How many times is Katerina going to come in contact with death? Yenziel whispered to himself. -"She is a strong one, maybe she is the True Seed to bring forth our Peace, finally."-

Yenziel paced around in the training grounds of Kandubia, picking up various weapons and utilizing them for a couple of minutes each. The Celestian Warriors to-be admired his presence, they asked to be trained by him or to give advice but Yenziel was too deep in his thoughts that he did not even notice them.

As the day went by, Yenziel sat on a nearby bench and watched as the Warriors trained. It reminded him of when he was just beginning in the Celestian Military eons ago. He reminisced on the feeling when finally, after all the hard work, faith, and dedication, he received his Six Wings.
All Celestians are born with a pair of wings, but only the high-ranking Warriors, the Archangels, are gifted the other four wings. It is of the highest honor and respect to achieve this almost impossible rank. Yenziel, Ariel, and Braliel all had their precious six wings, among their closest comrades and friends. Yenziel remembered when Braliel received his sentencing to damnation and their comrades held Braliel down and among his wails and screams, they cut off his Six Wings. Yenziel was saddened by this memory. Guilt built up in his stomach again after so many years, it's a miracle he was still living with it for so long.
Yenziel has been dealing with his own demons since then. His mind wandered into the deepest parts of his suppressed memories, he hated them, but he just couldn't help visiting them in his darkest moments.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Celestian warriors flew across the sky as thundering explosions deafened the ears of the rampaging Abaddon.
Screams and the loud clang of swords flooded the battlefield.

Yenziel and Braliel flew above everyone's head as they together joined their strength in a dance of swords.

-"To the left, Yen!"- Braliel called out. A beast leaped high toward Yenziel and he blocked its claw with his sword but he was dragged down to the floating island ground.

-"Keep going forward!"- Yenziel struggled to hold off the beast as he was being pinned down.
-"Not without you!"- Braliel pointed at the beast with his index finger and a bright ray of light penetrated it, killing it instantly.

-"Thanks."- Yenziel stood up and they both flew up again.

The energy around them was so chaotic, with so many loud noises and things to dodge and hit. It was a lot for them, but they were trained for this. Their mind was calm, cool, and collected, even if their comrades were dying, one by one.

-"This isn't good...They have larger numbers than us!"- Braliel scanned the battlefield, noticing how many more abaddonic creatures were.

-"We have to find the King, cut his head off, and end this!"- Yenziel shouted as he dodged a giant fireball that was thrown at him from below.

-"King Solomon is here!?"-

-"I don't know but if anything, we can always sneak into the depts and drag him out, like we should've done a long time ago."- Yenziel pushed Braliel out of the way of another fireball.

-"Shit..."- They both cussed.

-"The commander is right below us,"- Yenziel spotted a tall, lean man with, the face of a ram skull and wings. -"Let's dive down and ki--"- Yenziel was suddenly shot through the chest with a spear. Braliel looked over to his partner in shock as he fell to the ground at high velocity, leaving a trail of pure white and silver feathers.

-"Yenziel!!"- Braliel called out as he also dived to save him.

As he did, a bolt of lightning passed before him, leaving a trail of yellow and green hue in its wake as it dived down.

-"Ariel! Catch him!!"- Braliel begged.

Ariel did so and caught Yenziel in mid-air but felt chains wrap around her neck, pulling her out of the air.

-"No!"- Braliel went down and slashed his sword against the chains.

-"Ariel, take care of the beasts, I'm getting Yenziel out of here!!"-

-"On it!"-

Ariel passed Yenziel to Braliel and he carried him out of the battlefield. He found refuge in a cave on the side of the Sky Island.

-"Don't leave me, Yenziel, look at me...look at me!"- Braliel slapped his partner's face lightly.
Tears pooled in his eyes as he watched Yenziel's eyes fading in and out of consciousness.

-"You'll be okay! Please...please!"- Braliel was on the thin line between optimism and reality, switching between them over and over.

Behind him, he heard the strong flaps of wings. He quickly turned to see Ariel, stained in ash and blood. Her eyebrows pushed together permanently.

-"Move!"- Ariel told Braliel as her hand began to glow. -"I'm gonna try and heal him, you go back and fight!"-

Braliel nodded and when he turned to leave, Yenziel pulled on his hand and toward him.

-"Yenziel, stay still!"- Ariel focused on taking the speak out and healing his wound.

-"Promise me...that...you will wreak havoc...for us...for Elohim"-