Chapter 50: Feelings

***The following chapter contains strong sexual content. Readers' discretion is advised***

Kate was strolling through the town, watching the locals hang up paper lanterns around roofs and light posts for the upcoming festival in her honor. She repeated to them that they didn't have to; it made her feel uncomfortable that the locals spent their energy partying instead of healing. But who could stop them from trying to have fun and enjoy their days after so much time of pain and despair? Not Kate. Ribbons of various colors and designs fluttered in the wind as the townspeople waved and smiled at Kate as she passed by. Her melancholic stare was somewhat charming as she smiled back at them. Peace was bittersweet. After so much torture, grief, and stress; peace just felt unfamiliar. How much longer till the next attack? Kate refused to stay still. She began walking more, breathing deeper than before, and eating healthier. Late at night, Kate would train alone, either in the woods, their courtyard, or at the beach. One thing that she began doing was meditating; which for her was hard to do. Being alone with her thoughts was the last thing she needed, but she managed. Logan would see her efforts and reward her with anything she wanted. Tonight was one of those rewards; he booked a penthouse on the new luxury complex tower atop the newly created edge of Phosphoros Cliff; whose name means Light Bringer. Fitting. Kate took a deep breath as her eyes caught the glimmer of the tall silver building. It did stand out, compared to the wooden houses around it. Despite its appearance, however, it served as housing for the locals who lost everything. Funded by the government and sponsors from around the world who could afford to lend a hand. Due to the urgency of the island's situation; they managed to build this tower in a record-breaking short amount of time. It was truly impressive how it stood, all tall and mighty.

Kate's cheeks burned red at the thought of Logan. She never thought they would be together. He is just so cold, rough, and mean. But with her, he was gentle, sweet and caring. He made Kate's heart flutter ever so lovingly. She shook her head at the memory that played in her mind of him asking her to be his.

-"That's not fair!"- Kate chuckled to herself as she palmed her face, embarrassed that she said yes in a state of ecstasy. -"He took advantage of me!"- She turned on her heel, ready to head back home and yell at Logan for that.

-"I think I should tell him..."- She whispered to herself. -"Or should I wait till he says it?"- She placed a finger in her mouth, pondering on why Logan was going to take her into such a lux room like that; a much-desired penthouse among anyone who knew about it. What she didn't know was that the Penthouse was for her to use whenever she pleased; it was the most extravagant donation she would ever receive and Logan knew that she would puke if she found out it was donated.

Suddenly, the thought of the Fallen attacking her island again came back to bury her in anxiety. The constant impending doom she experienced motivated her to keep on training. She couldn't afford to sit back and relax. Anything could happen if she did, then guilt will weigh on her, again.

Kate slowly made her way down to the port, the familiar area where she saw Logan for the first time. He was so different back then. So feral in a way. Even though he escorted her to her home after rescuing her. He was kind, but...feral. Kate giggled at that word.

-"I...Love him."- She whispered. -"I truly do love him."- Every time she said that to herself, butterflies would flutter in her stomach, her heart would skip a bazillion beats and she would swoon.

-"Agh, disgusting Kate, why are you behaving like this!?"- She told herself.

-"But I can't help it...I really love him. More than I thought I would be capable of. But, should I tell him this, or should wait till he said it first? I...don't want to be hurt again."-

Kate sighed as she took the detour up north toward their headquarters. -"I'll tell him. But I have to make it special! I can't just blabber it out without care!"- Kate pondered out loud. Then she had an idea.