Chapter 55: Apostasy

-"What should we do? Now that I see him in person again...I can't bring myself to even think..."-
Ariel's voice strained. Her nerves began to take a toll on her. Seeing Elohim was one thing, but seeing him waging havoc on the planet he promised to protect and seeing him on such a massive scale while fighting with another massive being made this situation harder to comprehend.

Kate stared out at Elohim, pinned-up rage building up in her chest. She has waited for this moment for so long. But she wondered how she should approach this. Her eyes scanned the battle before her, every blow and clash blew right through her, shaking every cell in her body. Blood still trickled down from her ears and now her nose. She took multiple deep breaths, trying to compose her dizzy and blurry gaze. Ariel noticed her and began to worry.

-"Listen, we have to get away from this, or else you'll pass out. We are going to have to wait until they—"-
-"No...My island is in danger! The whole world is in danger!! I need to do something now!"-

At that moment, Elohim grabbed Moloch's head and violently pushed him into the sea. Kate took this opportunity and dashed towards Elohim. Leaving a confused Ariel behind.

-"H-Hey! Seed—er, Kate!!"- Ariel shouted. -"You can't take him on alone!!"-

Ariel's pleas were ignored as Kate traveled as fast as she could, her sword glowing brightly with desperation and urgency. She ignored the fact that her head was spinning, her ears hurt and her eyes began to shut. She couldn't worry about anything else besides saving everyone as quickly as possible. Her heart tightened at the thought of her island and all the innocent people from around the planet that are in danger.

As she approached Elohim's face, she swung her sword back, and with great speed and a scream, she slashed the side of his face, injuring his eye in the process. With a swift movement, Kate twirled, again slashing his face. Elohim's deep screams vibrated the very air around them. Kate's ears busted and she began falling from the sky.

Ariel gasped and quickly made her way down to catch her. -"Are you crazy!!?"- She yelled. She was however speechless. Kate managed to injure God. Elohim released Moloch's head and stumbled backward. He used his spear to regain composure and covered his eye with his free hand. His other eye began to scan his surroundings, wondering what just happened.
Moloch rose from the sea and tackled Elohim, stabbing him in the abdomen with his trident.

-"No! Let me go!"- Kate struggled, slipping away from Ariel's grasp.
-"You are plummeting toward the ocean, Katerina! Let me help you!"- Ariel took Kate and flew with her toward Elohim again.
-"This time we attack together!"- Ariel drew her sword, lightning sparks running through it. -"Yes, ma'am!"- Kate smirked, holding onto Ariel as tightly as she could. They were so high up, that it made Kate slightly nervous. But she pushed through, she needed to get this done as soon as possible.

Ariel dashed forward toward the rampaging giants, gray storm clouds parted as they fought ferociously. Thunder and lightning roared all around the islands. The sea split and slammed, taking everything with them, islands and beaches, warships and submarines. Tidal waves as tall as mountains covered deserts and snowy peaks. Land masses rose from the bottom of the ocean. It was just like the first great shift but on a bigger and even deadlier scale. Blood stained the sea as cities and villages collapsed, crushed by the crumbling ground and tectonic plates. The rivers were running red, and Kate could see it.

Her eyes glossed, and tears began streaming down her face. -"All these people!!"- She cried. Ariel grits her teeth, she is so worried for Viola and Erianna that she begins to feel sick. But she couldn't stop, she had to see it through to the end.

Elohim raised his arm that covered his face, revealing a bleeding eye. -"So he does bleed."- Ariel was barely surprised. She always was taught that god bled in the color of the cosmos, not red. She hated to admit but she was slightly disappointed.
Elohim formed his hand into a fist and swept toward Ariel and Kate. A shadow covered them as the fist went down on them like a meteor. Kate gasped as Ariel tried her best to get away. Until a blinding light covered them, Kate opened her eyes to see a glowing blonde figure pushing back Elohim's fist with holy light.