🦋39.Let's Start Again🦋

Throughout our way out of the bar, Pete was silent. He didn't protest or even make a sound. Looks like he was thinking about something. Maybe he was thinking about "That" incident.

Upon reaching the car I gently lowered him and opened the door for him to get in. I thought he will kick my ass before getting in but he didn't. So I too got in the driver's seat.

Pete, are you ok?

....

Pete

.....

He didn't reply to me.

It's ok Pete. If you don't want to talk about anything, then don't. You know I never force you.

Then what about the contract we signed? Didn't you force me to sign it by using my mom's life!?

He asked me out of blue. I turned to his side only to see his teary and angry eyes.

Pete both you and me know it was just a joke.

Playing with my mom's life is a joke to you?!

I would have never stopped helping your mom even if you didn't sign it, Pete.

I never know we had an option like this Vegas.

He started to cry aloud. I pulled him for a hug but he tried to wiggle out of my arms. But I didn't give up.

Life or death he is my man. If he is happy, I will be there to be happy for him. If he is angry, I will be there as an outlet for him for his anger. And if he is sad, I will be there too to hold him in my embrace and let him cry.

After some time when I sensed he is serene, I spoke to him.

Pete

Vegas

We both spoke at the same time.

You speak Pete

You speak Vegas

Again we spoke at the same time. But this time it made to smile a little.

I am sorry Vegas

This time Pete started first.

On that day, Anong called me and asked me to meet at a house in the middle of the forest. All alone.

Anong? Isn't she the one who flirted with me while I was working as a guest lecturer in your college?

Yes

Why did she want to meet you? That too alone?

Anong? Is this incident related to Anong? I thought Pete just went to some party without my knowledge. But I think it is completely different.

She sent me the photo of our contract and said if I didn't come she would send it to the press.

Our contract?

Bloody contract. Now I understand why Pete exploded in anger. It is all because of that damm contract. Like he said I shouldn't have made a stupid contract like that.

But how did she get that? There is no way she got it.

That's what confused me too. But later I came to know how she got it.