🦋41. Suspicious🦋

I always had a dream. The dream I pestered my mom while young. The dream of traveling by sea. The dream that came true because of him. My Pete.

But never in my dreams of childhood or adulthood, I thought I will be stuck in the middle of my sea journey.

Here we are. We are stuck. All alone. Helpless. And that too when the sun went down.

Pete, my babe who was always like a sunshine in my life showed me another way too. A boat was coming towards our rescue. But Pete said,

Vegas, don't get excited .

Why?

The boat that is coming towards us....They are either to help us or....

Or what....?

TO ROB US!!!

What?

Why is there always a shit happening whenever we feel happy? Is it wrong to be happy?

As the boat was approaching us, my heartbeat started racing every moment. I was highly alert. Nothing should happen to us. Especially to Pete.

Fear tingled at the edge of my heart. If we are under attack I don't know when we will get help. Though it was Pete who urged me not to have any bodyguards with us during our travel, I should have used my brain.

I have the responsibility now. I pledged my oath to Pete's mom that I will protect him with my life.

I slowly slid my hand to my lower back checking my gun. I am ready for the worst. And I also know I shouldn't dare expose anything before it is time.

When they were near us, to a distance that we were able to see the faces of the two persons in that boat, to be true I was kinda little relieved.

They didn't look like any pirates. Instead, they wearing some kind of crazy dress. They look like nearby native island people.

They came near our boat and spoke trying to sound like a
different language.

But it was seen they were chewing bubblegum and speaking. It seems that man was trying to flirt with Pete.

Hey guys...yoyo...do you want help? We can do it for you darlings.

A man among them asked us.

No, we are fine.

I said sternly. I just don't get good vibes from him. I know my Pete is beautiful but how dare he ogle at him

Then how will you survive in this sea all alone? Especially this baby

He pointed his finger toward Pete.

How dare you call my fiancee a baby!!

I asked and plunged literally to kick him. But to his luck, Pete caught me by my hips.

Vegas...please don't do anything. We need their help.

But...but how can he call you baby in front of me?!!

Pete just chuckled at my reaction like watching a cute child blabbering in its language. Then he turned towards that idiot and asked.

Swadee khrap khun. We are stuck here as we have no fuel. Do you have some? We will return it with money once we reached the shore.

Oh oh... so sad, baby. But we too have very less amount of fuel which is enough just to reach the nearby island.

If you want, you can come with me and we can return with fuel for you as well as mine.