Chapter 7

Monday, August 14th

Riley's POV

I was right.

My class load is going to really suck. I will have no chance for a social life once exam season begins.

Monday and Wednesday

6:30 am to 8:00 am I have Computer Excel & Beyond 102

8:30 am to 10:00 am Calculus 101

10:30 to 12:00 pm I have a Biology Lab

3:00 pm to 5:00 pm I have Spanish A205

Tuesday and Thursday

10:00 am to 1:00 pm I have Analytical Chem A105

1:30 pm to 2:30 pm I have Statistics 202

3:00 pm to 4:30 pm I have Speech 101

5:00 pm to 8:00 pm I have a History 104 Lecture Study

Meanwhile I wanted to manage to find time to squeeze in the gym, friends, studying, maybe adding an elective or studio style class just for fun.

The moment I told this to Autumn she nearly went into Mom mode. She was telling me I cannot overload myself, I need to make sure I leave time for 'other stuff', and I cannot be 24/7 in classes. The moment I thought she was looking out for me and worrying about me having enough time to study and get my homework done, she reminded me that I need extra time for boys and parties. Of course.

I realized on Monday and Wednesdays I would probably have a good time to sneak in lunch between Bio and Spanish, and on Tuesday and Thursday I can sneak in an extra early am workout.

It's the small victories really.

I knew I would struggle finding a job this semester and was grateful again I worked extra hard in high school to save up and prepare.

Since I knew today I would be out the door before Autumn even rolled out of bed, I showered and got all my stuff prepared last night. After Friday's wild party night Autumn and I spend the rest of the weekend being lazy and checking out the city. We eventually even went through our old clothes and got rid of about 90% of them by donation.

But no amount of relaxing or coffee could prepare me for the boring-ness that was my Computer Class. The professor was monotone, old, and mispronounced half the students' names wrong when we did roll call.

Calculus was a little better. I have always naturally been good at math anyway.

Rushing to Biology was extremely stressful since the building for it was on the opposite side of campus from where my math course was. I made it just in time and managed to slide into one of the back seats hoping to catch my breath without everyone noticing how heavy I was panting.

After only a few minutes I saw a familiar gingery red head from across the room. I gave her a large smile and she returned it with a friendly wave. It was Tiffany from the frat party I went to on the first night a few weeks ago.

When the professor said everyone was allowed to pick partners I saw Tiffany shuffle her way through the other students before coming up to me and shouting "Heyya' fuzzy duck. Wanna be partners?" while extending a hand out to me.

I couldn't help but giggle and agree, shaking her hand.

I found out Tiffany was actually a sophomore but took a bunch of basic courses her freshman year, unable to pick a major. She said eventually she decided the perfect job for her was to be a teacher, and science was her favorite subject.