Chapter 78

Sunday, November 19th (EVENING)

Riley's POV

"I spy something.... blue?" I divert my eyes thinking she wont' know where I just was looking but Autumn only slumps her shoulders further. "Riley, it's the fuckin' pile of glass over there. You did that one already."

"Fuck, okay, you're right. Autumn, I have no idea. There is nothing left to do. Wanna' play FMK instead?" Autumn considers the idea based of her wiggling her brows and cocking her head to the side before finally saying no. "What do you think Avery is up to?" Autumn asks me instead.

We decided to take a different approach this time, thinking instead of breaking in we might just walk through the front door.... only we didn't get that far. The moment we pulled into the parking lot we were held at gunpoint by Everett and lead inside. Avery was directed to lucky door number one, and Autumn and I found ourselves behind door number 3. Everett was smarter than Alexander all along somehow, making sure to tie up loose ends. He took our phones, checked us for weapons, and tossed us in these dull rooms. 

I only know the rooms based off the things I have learned from Harry, and if we make it out of these alive, we might be a first time case for that. 

It felt like hours have passed based on the growling coming from Autumn's stomach. At least this time I wasn't tied to a chair getting the shit knocked out of me. Everett's plan was much different, apparently he was just going to leave us here to starve to death and die, or go mad.

Avery's POV

I hope she's alive. I didn't mean for this to happen at all and if anything happens to Riley, I know I am as good as dead from Harry. Really stuck between a rock and a hard place here.

The amount of times I have walked the room, if you can call it that. It's a glorified utility closet due to the space of it. There's a door, one single chain on the floor that was used at some point for someone's ankle to be shackled in, a smashed deteriorated soda can, and myself. Nothing more, nothing less.

Three against one and still outsmarted. How that fucking happens is almost a joke. I still have a faint taste of blood in my mouth from where earlier Everett cracked the barrel of his gun again my skull, creating a collision above my temple.

Oh Alice, you should have stayed dead. Alexander would have been happier that way.

His words swim around in my head and all I can think about is how we are in big Trouble with a capital T right now if I can't figure out where Riley is and how to get out of here.

I know Everett is playing a long game right now, and I walked right into it. Waiting for Harry and the guys, before probably killing us all to get his revenge or whatever he thinks he is doing. I walked into my own death after all these years of playing it safe. Imagine that.

Niall's POV

I triple checked my gun before sliding the magazine into place and hearing the familiar clicking sound. "Ready Harry?" 

He stared at the door, the only thing hopefully standing between us and the girl we both fell for. I knew Harry's heart was crushing right now, knowing that all the things that have happened to create this scenario were because of him. Or so he thought.

Riley would have ended up here either way. They weren't going to have a normal fairytale of happiness and love no matter what, it never would have existed for any of us. 

Harry's voice was raspy from the lack of sleep and emotional toll, "let's go before it's too late."

"Hey Harry? Are you gonna' kill her?" His eyes bore into the building, knowing I meant Avery, because in his mind that is how Riley ended up inside this building with Everett. Harry doesn't answer me though, instead slamming the car door expecting me to follow.