Chapter 8

**WARNING, this Chapter contains VULGAR / OFFENSIVE WORDS. I am warning you now.**

Tuesday, August 15th

Riley's POV

I hear my alarm blaring and already regret the idea of telling myself I would wake up to go to the gym. Too late now, I made the decision.

I gather my stuff around for the gym and class. Leaving my school stuff by the door, in case I get back late I can just grab it and head out.

While walking over to the gym I passed by the café from the other day, Mockingbird. I made a mental note to go back there this week. I really really liked that place.

Once I get to the gym I decide on doing a 'simple' 5 mile treadmill run before showering and heading back home. Knowing I had to leave the apartment around 9:40 if I wanted to make it to Analytical Chem on time.

Once sitting safely in class I look around, kinda' hoping to see another familiar face like I did with Tiffany yesterday. No such luck this time.

I find out we get randomly assigned partners anyway.

My partner ends up being a really nice transfer student from the University of Colorado. He tells me a little about himself every few minutes, in between us setting up our future lab area we will be sharing together.

His name is Leo and he likes science, burgers, his girlfriend named Bridgett, and getting good grades.

Cool, me too Leo. Me too.

I tried to give him some information about myself too but found it hard since I was trying to become a new person and don't really like talking about myself. I tell him my name is Riley, I live with my best friend, and I love science.

He seems relieved I like science, probably thinking that means I am going to be a good partner.

Once class finally ends I again have to rush to find my next class.

I really didn't plan my schedule well with all the running back and forth between buildings.

I make a mental note to remember that for next semester.

I slide into a seat in the front of my Statistics class and check my phone really quick. I see I have a text alert.

Niall: Well well well. Guess what?

Riley: You got me. I am a bad guesser... what is it?

Niall: Well damn Riley. Way to take the excitement out of it!!!

Riley: I'm kinda boring like that... oops.

Niall: You? Boring. No way.

Riley: Oh boy, just you wait. But what am I guessing????

Niall: Tonight I am taking out a babe for dinner!

Riley: OMG THAT IS CRAZY!!! HAVE A GREAT TIME WOW GO YOU NI

Niall: ;)

Riley: Ooops gotta go! Class! We will plan more later! :)

Niall always finds a way to make me smile.

Which is good, because I can tell Statistics will NOT be the same case. Good luck to me.

From Statistics to Speech to History Lecture. I am beat by the time 7:45 rolls around and our professor lets us leave early. I yank my phone out of my backpack right away to text Niall but stop the moment I see him leaning on the wall right outside my classroom.