Chapter 9*

Thursday, August 17th

Harry's POV

I skipped my classes pretty much all week.

If I didn't always finish my assignments and turn them in weeks in advance I would have probably have been kicked out my first year of Uni honestly.

I just have not been able to concentrate on anything except what Lucas told me.

"Riley killed Luke."

"We call her the 'black widow'."

Riley.

Killed.

Luke.

There is no fucking way and I know it.

She's so shy and kind. She flinches at the thought of me touching her.

There is no way that shy little girl could be a ruthless killer.

Yet, here I was staring at the news article that has been burned into my eyes for the past 40 hours. Riley had tears down her face looking broken. She was being led away in handcuffs, while there was blood all over her. The caption was the worst part.

"Local 17-Year-Old Becomes Main Suspect in Murder"

No.

Not my Riley.

I look around my room trying to focus on anything else. It hasn't worked yet.

I destroyed my room last night. Breaking lamps, ripping my blankets off my bed, I snapped my desk in two, and I overall trashed the entire place.

Clearly I cannot get over this.

This wasn't the first time my anger has gotten the best of me. I know tomorrow I will need to clean it all up and replace it. But that isn't my problem right now. 

I needed to know more but was scared to keep digging. I think I was scared to find out if it somehow true. I built up Riley in my head as this innocent and sweet girl that I was chasing after. Now I found out she might be just as fucked up as me.

No.

She isn't.

I haven't talked to her since I told her about England. I don't have her number to text her and since I wasn't on campus there was no chance of running into her.

Fuck. I feel like I am losing my mind at this point.

My thoughts are a jumble and I need something to help before I lose my sanity.

As if someone heard my thoughts, an answer appeared as Niall came crashing through my door.

"Holy shit mate. It's fuckin' a foul mess up in here. What did you do?" -Niall

"I uhh... had a bad day." I didn't want to tell Ni the truth about being pissed about a girl. I am sure he would get it, but I didn't want to tell him. I am not one for talking about my feelings and the guys all know that.

"I thought all that commotion was you with some lady. If I knew you were in here doing this I would've come down. My bad. You okay? You look worse than the room, mate." -Niall

I was sitting at the edge of my bed with my head in my hands. I was in dirty jeans, no shirt, with bloodshot eyes, and tangled hair. I could feel the defeated slouch to my shoulders.

"I'm fine. Just having a bad week." -Harry

"Well you better start to relax. We got a job tonight." -Niall