Chapter 47

Thursday, September 28th

Riley's POV

"Remind me again why you look like stars from a creepy 70's porno?" I question Niall as he smooths down the fake mustache he attached to his face. He was standing in front of the bathroom mirror adjusting it for the millionth time while I watched the entire moment pan out. I wasn't kidding when I said he looked the part. His blonde hair was parted to the side and slicked down with gel, he had thick horn rimmed brown glasses on with a slight tan tint to them. They were paired with a paisley brown, orange, and white button up shirt that was three-quarters done, some white pants, and dress shoes. I wanted to make fun of him, but somehow it was not the worst thing ever. The fake mustache was a bad choice though.

Niall uses both of his index fingers to smooth down both sides of the mustache while looking at me through the mirror, "it's not creepy. It's sophisticated."

"Oh my god. Gag me. That's literally what my new sleep paralysis sleep demon is going to look like Ni." I tried to hold in my laughter while he smoothed his hair one last time. "You are such a party pooper. Hurry up, let's go meet up with the rest of the guys."

Niall makes his way over to Liam who is sitting in the gym basement getting ready while I check on Louis and Harry in the other room. They are both sitting on folding chairs with small mirrors in front of them putting the finishing touches on their own outfits. At least theirs were a little better than Nialls in my opinion. Who gave these idiots the idea of costumes exactly?

Liam and Niall were kinda' a matching set I guess, because Liam had on a pair of dark pants similar to Nialls with another designed button up shirt, although his was a gaudy silk shirt that was bronze in color and had some floral print stitched into it. At least he wasn't wearing a mustache. But instead he had a fedora on, so was that really much of a win here?

Louis and Harry were the winners of this costume contest. I don't know who picked out the outfits, but somehow, I think Niall did.

Louis was snatched in an all black suit that really made this boy have a great figure. I would say this boy might even look better than me? Who knew that was even possible. His jacket had a double button on both sides, his hair was messy, and the entire look was starting to come together white he was tucking a white pocket square into the front of his jacket, "dang! Someone looks really good." Louis hears my comment and gives me a smirk through the mirror.

I hear Harry let out a huff but it wasn't even towards my playful flirt with Louis, it was because he snapped himself with a hair tie. "What the fuck." He huffs out in an angry tone.

Louis's smirk turns into a full grin, "you might wanna' help your boy-toy. He's been struggling with his braids for the past thirty minutes."

Harry was slouched in his chair fiddling with his hair, it was sectioned pretty well into three sections. He had braided one of the sections, thrown the middle into a really cute messy bun, and was trying his best to make a matching braid on the remaining side. I quietly pad over to him while he was still fussing with the braid and getting more angry by the moment. "Hey baby, can I help?" I quietly whisper to him. He shrugs to me.

I swat away his hands and take the falling hair pieces into my own. I quickly use my fingers to comb through the section before starting to french braid the section, quickly pulling piece over piece, smooth over his hair and pulling it tight to make sure it is clean and nice looking. Once I have the braid finish I reach for the hair tie on the table to secure my handiwork and admire him. "You look really nice Harry."

"I do? You like it?" Harry bit at his lower lip with nerves unable to take the compliment. "I love it." I lean in to kiss him and I feel his hand snake over the small of my back. The thin shirt I had on let the warmth of his skin melt into me. I wanted to bask in this moment, but we didn't have the time. Louis cleared his throat to remind us of just that.