Chapter 15

Thursday, August 25th

Harry's POV

I probably look as shit as I feel today.

I remind myself every time to use tools, but then I get too caught up in the moment and now my knuckles are bruised up.

Can't hide that too easily.

I saw Riley's text, but didn't reply yet... because I wasn't quite sure how. What did last night mean to her... what did it mean to me?

Riley: Thanks for coming over last night. I actually had a decent time with you... for once.

I finally got over the idea of wondering and thinking nonstop about if Riley could be a murderer, but now I can't figure out anything else.

Harry to Niall, Louis, Liam: Dantes?

Niall: I have plans today!

Louis: With Autumn.

Liam: You buying?

Harry: You drinking?

Liam: Of course.

I throw on some black ripped jeans and a black hoodie before grabbing my wallet and keys to head to Dante's.

I slip on my sunglasses the moment I get into my car to try and hide my bloodshot eyes.

***

"What's on your mind today H? You seem... out of it?" Liam asks me when our beers arrive at the table.

"Look who's back?" says the waitress to me with a wink.

"What?" I ask her.

"I'm Bella. I was your waitress a few days ago, if you don't remember darlin'." The pastel pink haired girl says to me.

"Oh okay." I say while grabbing my beer and shooting down her attempt to flirt.

"Well, I will be back in a few so y'all can look over the menus." She says before stepping away.

Liam points towards where the waitress just departed, "Like that. What was that?"

"What was what?" I ask playing dumb.

"Oh shut up mate. Something is weird about you. Normally you would be eating up her attention and probably fucking her in the bathroom before her break even." -Liam

I give a shrug and continue my drink while keeping my stare towards the front door.

A few minutes go by as Liam continues to talk about food, but all I can think about is the last time I was here. The last time, with Riley.

"Any decisions made?" Says the waitress returning.

"Can I get another beer, and one for my friend. Plus an order of uhhh... hmm... how about the fire flamed buffalo wings." -Liam

"Of course. I highly suggest those!" -Waitress

I mindlessly check my phone.

Nothing.

"Bella where are you from? That's a hell of an accent." -Liam

I roll my eyes.

"I could say the same thing about you two though." She giggles to herself. "I'm from Georgia though. Born and raised! Came here last year!" -Waitress

"You moved from Georgia to Florida to be a waitress? Big dreams there." I finally join the conversation. I cannot hide my annoyance even if I tried.

"Where are you guys from?" Waitress said while pretending my comment was just a light joke.