Chapter 34*

Saturday, September 9th (still)

Harry's POV

I made sure that there was dinner on the plane and ready so that the moment we boarded Riley would be comfortable and content. I really am trying hard at this whole boyfriend shit. Wait, boyfriend. Fuck. Am I Riley's boyfriend? Are we dating? Is this a date? I said it was, she said it was. Am I overthinking this? Yes. Will I stop? Probably not.

Once we got to the jet Riley told Chuck about how insane the cars were, the speed, the adrenaline, and every other thought she has had in the past few hours. She was on a whole other level of excitement. Finally I had to tell her we needed to board and get home since technically we are hours away.

Now I am sitting here in my seat across from her while she stares out the window and tells me a story about one of her classes. I should be listening, but I am not. Not because I am ignoring Riley, but because instead I just can't help staring at her and thinking so many other things.

I didn't realize that when you fall for someone they take up so much of your time, space, energy, and mind.

I guess it doesn't bother me, but it is weird. I never thought I was the type of person who would fall for someone, and then she showed up. I was such an asshole to her, and I really thought that was a good idea. Plot twist, it wasn't.

I know I still have more to work on, but god damn Riley makes it seem easy. She is so carefree, kind, open, and it's as if she looks at the world through special glasses. She sees the good in people and tries to make things happier and brighter. Optimism. Something I have never had.

I notice the smaller things with Riley. Her eyes are not just green, they have these small golden flakes that at first glace could almost make them look hazel, but upon second glance you notice instead her eyes mimic a rising sun above a field. The mixture of golden tones and luscious greens make it impossible not to feel mesmerized.

Riley has perfect eyebrows. Do I know anything about eyebrows? No. But hers are so perfect looking. I tweeze mine to make sure they don't look too insane, but other than that I can't tell you much. Hers lay perfectly all the time. Her skin always has a slight glow to it. Her freckles only dot along under her eyes and over the bridge of her nose in such an innocent and perfect manner. Don't get me started on the color of her lips and the way her nose scrunches up when she laughs and smiles. I could stare at her smile forever.

"Oh my god Harry! You aren't even listening, are you?" She starts to chuckle to herself when she notices how dazed out I must look. I shrug my shoulders knowing I was caught in the act of staring at her. "What are you thinking about Mr. Harold? Hmm?" She runs a hand through her hair before bringing her elbow to the table and resting her chin on her hand.

"You." I honestly tell her, which shocks her. Her lips part just slightly and her eyes flicker like she was expecting a different answer.

"And what about me are you thinking?" She knows what she's doing and I can tell the moment she tilts her head and slightly bites at her lower lip.

Instead of answering her I give a smirk and raise my brows. I want Riley to tell me what she wants because now I know we are both thinking about it. I change the subject for the time being to see if she will bring it back around again, "did you have fun today?"

Riley bats her eyes and turns her lip bite into a smile. "That was probably the craziest thing I have ever done in my life. But wow it was so cool. Did you know once I told Niall I wanted a tattoo? I thought that would someday be the wildest life experience I have, but then you came along and wow."

Riley? A tattoo? I cannot tell if I am excited by this idea, turned on knowing how great it would look, or a little jealous that she told Niall before me. I'm stupid, so probably jealousy is the top one.