Chapter 17

Saturday, August 26th

Riley's POV

I woke up feeling nauseous and stressed while my mind was reeling with the memories of last night.

Even when I came home I had been too exhausted to do much besides throw on a t shirt from the floor and toss the dress I was wearing into the hamper.

As I finally manage to get the energy to walk into the bathroom I am hit with a monster staring back at me in the mirror. My makeup is half down my face due to crying myself to sleep last night and the mixture of just tossing and turning. I notice the irony of life, it's Harry's shirt I managed to put on last night.

The worst part hits me as I am about to tie my hair up into a messy bun and start brushing my teeth. I notice a clump of hair in the front of my face being stuck together with a reddish dried substance.

Oh my god.

It's blood.

It's Niall's and Harry's blood.

It reminded me instantly of last night when Harry was twirling my hair around on his fingers, he must have still had blood on him from beating Niall only moments before.

I feel sick and my body starts retching instantly.

I drop to my knees and lean into the toilet just in time to start seeing the contents of last night come spewing out of me while the tears begin all over again.

I'm miserable right now.

I manage to eventually calm myself down and get into the shower before realizing now I am in deep need of cleaning the apartment.

While towel drying my hair I hear my phone ding from inside my room.

Niall: Feeling better today?

Riley: Shouldn't I be asking YOU that question?

Niall: I'll live.

Niall: Speaking of, you know what would make me feel better? ;)

Riley: If it is something inappropriate Ni I am gonna' kick your ass for the second time in a 24 hour window

Niall: Calm down million dollar baby damn. I was gonna say grab some food. I am in desperate need of a greasy burger to wash away the pain of last night.

Riley: Oh now all of the sudden you are in sooooo much pain lol ;)

Niall: Meet me at dante's around noon?

Riley: I have a few errands to run, so uhhhhh. Make it 1 and you got a deal.

After grabbing groceries, cleaning the apartment (which is still empty because Autumn never came home last night), and feeling a lot more like myself I begin to get ready.

I throw on a cream colored crewneck that has pictures of different flowers across it and a pair of black skinny jeans while admiring myself in the mirror for a moment.

Even though I have missed a few gym sessions lately, my figure was hardly showing it. If anything I had maybe filled out just slightly more with my breasts and butt becoming slightly more plumped due to the fact I was gaining a small amount of weight.

I throw my still damp hair into a fishtail braid and swipe on some mascara and blush before heading out the door.

***

I pull my car in front of Dante's and park only a building down. The moment I get out of the car I see the familiar blonde haired boy I am so fond of. Niall has sunglasses on to probably hide some of the bruising I imagine that is taking over his eye.