Chapter 48

Friday, September 29th

(Friday is going to be Chapter 48 & 49 because it will be quite a few POVs)

Riley's POV

Harry is a heavy sleeper, which I am super thankful for because I have gotten up about ten times through the night either because of nerves, stress, and the weight of everything we all did yesterday.

After I talked and got ready with Avery I returned to the guys and decided not to tell them about the things she told me. I didn't need to add to everything today. Harry already has been saying I am too impulsive and my decisions seem rash. Liam asked if Avery said anything else but I just told him she was shocked I went through with the dance on stage.

Who knew I had it in me. I think all of us were living in shock because it was a quiet car ride home. Louis did ask me what happened before I went on stage, and I told him about how Avery told me that she was Aiden.

All along, I've known Aiden.

I've known everything.

I guess it kinda' makes sense why Everett and Alexander thought I'm such a target. It also makes sense why Mick and Shark hated me so much, because they thought they were trying to impress their 'big bad boss Aiden' by beating me down. I've just been in the way since the beginning.

Finally though, we might be in a place where we are ahead and we might have the upper hand. We know everything it seems, and we might actually have a plan. Fuck Everett. Fuck Alexander. We're going to come out on top.

I fantasize in my head about a normal life for all of us. The boys no longer have to pretend to be students and can actually just go about a normal day, really going to classes, picking majors, finding relationships, having normalcy. I could see Louis becoming a gym teacher, or some sort of a job where he can be active and stay busy. Niall would easily become some sort of an investor in a golf club and resort probably, he has made a joke about it two or three times already while drunk. Harry said he doesn't know what he would want to do, but I think he would do really well in a publishing career, he loves reading a lot. The few times Liam does go to classes I notice he takes mostly science based classes, so I am sure he would pursue something along those lines. I could see the boys moving on with their lives becoming sober, getting pets, girlfriends, lives with actual meanings. I want them to all become happy and feel like they have real goals and things to look forward to, because at this point each other lives with little care about themselves or their life and I hate that.

But each time I got up through the night I had to go to the bathroom and splash cold water on my face and calm myself down, reminding myself that we are not there yet, but we will be. I would come back into my bedroom and see a sleeping peaceful Harry and remind myself that all of this is worth it.

I might be developing an anxiety disorder, probably an ulcer, definitely some new ptsd, but it is worth it.

Harry looked peaceful while curled up in my bed. He left his hair in the braids from last night, and I don't think I spent enough time complimenting how wonderful he looked in the club. Neither of us really did. I think we were too overwhelmed with everything happening to spend time doting on one another.

Another thing that would be a wonderful change of pace if we could change our lives, going on normal dates, having a regular relationship. I wouldn't mind walking to class just holding Harry's hand and talking about our day. Not having to worry about being followed, prying eyes, or someone using any information on us for leverage.

I couldn't wait any longer though, I wanted to wake up and eat breakfast, shower, and try to find normalcy. I slide myself out of the bed and into the shower. I make sure to bring a change of clothes in the room with me to try and disrupt Harry as little as possible. After my shower is over I brush back my wet hair into a braid, moisturize my face, and slip into the yoga pants and oversized plain red shirt. I didn't feel very sexy right now since I opted for a sports bra and fuzzy socks along with the outfit because realistically I needed comfort right now.