Chapter 9

We just pulled up to Arsenal training ground, my mother pulls me into a quick hug wishing me luck as me and her go our separate ways. I walk towards the academy pitches where I see the coach.
"Tiana Bridge?" He asks.
"The one and only." I reply causing him to laugh.
"I've heard a lot about you."He states causing me to be confused. "Your a very talented player Barcelona u15s at the age of 13 very big achievement." He carries on.
"I work hard I get rewarded" I say truthfully the coach laughs then pulls me onto the field for trials.  Let's just say trials were a bit to easy for my liking.
"Right that's it Tiana come here were moving you up some age groups!" The u13 coach shouts causing me to smile. We make our way over to the u16s causing heads to turn. The u13 coach and the u16 coach have some words causing me to stand there awkwardly. Finally he calls me onto the pitch. None of the u16 players pass to me but why would they i am just a random 13 year old I have to earn their respect. I win back the ball and run. As a centre midfielder all I know is that if I lose it I have to work back. The first defender comes for me but using a slight bit of skill I meggs her. The next defender comes for me but with a few step overs I'm past leaving her on the floor as she tripped over her own feet. This leaves me one on one with the goalkeeper. I fake a shot before slotting top right corner. Boom. I turn around to see all the u16s watching in ore.
"Hey your not that bad kid." One of the girls Amy said to me.
"Thanks but your good too!" I replied smiling. As all the girls start walking to cars I find my way going off to the senior area. Well I was until the coach stopped me.
"Tiana you can't go there sorry. It's the senior area only allowed for staff and players." He says causing me to laugh slightly. He has one hand on my shoulder not letting me walk any further.
"I am allowed don't worry. I know them all." I reply causing coach to think I'm lying.
"No you don't Tiana. Stop lying I know you want to see the players but you can't right now." He says.
"Coach I am allowed trust me" I say a bit annoyed. Thankfully then I see two people I recognise going towards the doors.
"Hey T!" The one and only Beth Mead says. "You've not met my girlfriend yet properly have you this is Viv" She continues.
"Nice to meet you!" Viv says. "You okay?" She asks.
"No. My Academy coach won't let me in!" I say with clear anger in my voice.
"She is just going in to meet the players she doesn't actually know anyone stop falling for her lies." He raises his voice slightly.
"Yeah she probably is going in to meet the players as well as the manager." Beth pauses before continuing "you do realise the manager is her mother don't you?"