Chapter 49

Todays gonna be special. Let's just hope it's not a bad special. I have my england shirt on. It says mum 11
on the back. Mom is wearing an england shirt as well. A match worn one. We're crammed into a little taxi along with uncle Ben and grandad. All the other family who were here are gonna meet us there. It's 9am right now. The game kicks off at 11. We're playing Spain and my god am I nervous. We pull up outside of Stadium Australia, Sydney. We get out and we're allowed in the stadium early cause of mum. We get allowed in then we go meet up with the other family of players. Even sarinas family is there. Then the staff made everyone 13-16 play a game of football. So that includes cousins, siblings and children. Mary's cousin Layla and me immediately became best friends. She was 15 with platinum blonde hair. Apparently she lives in London and she just got called up for u17 England camp as well.
"Well I'll see you later lay gotta go get seats before we kick off." I say to her and she nods.
"I'll text you later t." She responds then we wave goodbye and walk our separate ways.

The game just started. Mums in the starting line up. Almost right off the bat olga carmona scores for Spain. Both teams are being very physical right now. With a through ball from Keira to Alessia everyone thinks she's gonna score. Out of the bat parades comes in with a nasty slide tackle. To be fair I think it was just very poorly timed.
"PENALTY REF!" I yell like she can hear me but of course she can't. The ref just carries on playing. The next minute my mum has the ball out on the wing. She looks up and sees Lauren Hemp free. She pings the ball out to her and Lauren heads it in. 1-1.
90 +2.
We're in injury time right now. Only 1 minute left. That's when a beautiful ball from Millie reaches lj. Lj takes a touch and smashes it top right. It's a goal. The stadium errupts. Lauren knee slides and the whole team jumps onto her. England have done it.